Hero (UTG+1) ($10)
      MP1 ($9)
      MP2 ($6.22)
      CO ($2.39)
      BTN ($10.69)
      SB ($9.65)
      BB ($4)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is UTG+1 K:club: A:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, CO calls $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: 10:spade: 5:spade: K:diamond: ($1.20, 3 players)
      Hero bets $0.97, CO folds, BTN calls $0.97

Turn: A:club: ($3.14, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.40, BTN goes all-in $9.37, Hero ?

• 2 replies
    • mbml
      if this were HU i probably call, because he could have AT and A5s. Given that this is 3way and if you think he would 3bet AK pre and never overplay stuff like AJ and AQ, this is probably a fold cos

1) he never overplays AJ and AQ
      2) He probably folds A5 and AT on the flop since you cbet into a multiway pot
      3) He has QJs very often, or 55/TT.

I cannot answer this question with much certainty. Calling to find out is also fine, we have top two and we may occasionally beat worse hands. We also want to know what type of hands he is pushing with.

Is he pushing with the nuts? Or some strong but vulnerable hand like AT? These showdowns will give away a lot of info and given that we are getting 30% pot odds + we are good some % of the time, I call.

I'm not thrilled about it but calling mainly for information.

QJs (4 combos)
      TT/55 (3 out of 6 combos) - I think he raises Flop a good amount with sets
      ATs (2)

So we beat 2 out of 9 combos, maybe he has a wider or tighter range. If my assumptions are true we should probably be folding.
    • veriz
      Hello nipbourne,

That's an ugly spot cause you don't beat much there. :( I doubt that he has 5x hands in his calling range there and practically the only hope for us is something like AT although not even sure if he would have played it that way. Of course he may also have some combos of A:sX but would he even raise them on the turn?

Most likely I would tend rather go for a crying Bet/Fold there rather than a Call without knowing much about him. He could still even slowplay sets as TT/55 there as well and we still were multiway, plus QJ completed.

Best Regards.