Where To Start...

• ArranMJT1990
      ArranMJT1990
      Bronze
      Hi PS Users,

I was wondering if I could get a little help from some of the more experienced players on here. I am currently thinking hard about starting a bankroll of around $600. I would like some feedback on what site to play, what limits I should play in MTT's SnG's and cash as I like to vary my playing time. Any help would be much appreciated :D
  • 6 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey there Arran!

Welcome to our awesome community :D

A bankroll of $600 is nice, you'll able to play a variety of games with this for sure!
      My first question is, how experienced are you? A complete beginner or been playing a little?
      Secondly, which would you prefer to play, Cash, SNG or MTT? All are perfectly fine choices :]

I'd advise you start down at NL4/NL5 at most, once you are confident in your abilities move up. Even though you have the Bankroll for NL10-N20 I think it would be best for you to begin lower so that you don't just spew away your $$.

You can also begin with playing a few $1-$4 MTT/SNG's and see how you do, with that kind of bankroll you can afford to experiential a little, find out which you like best, we can't help there, only you know what you enjoy!

We have a thread: Choosing the right Poker Room for you! - In here you can post what you would like to play, and our team will point you in the right direction.

Anything else, give us a shout!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi there ArranMJT1990,

Welcome to the community!

Hope you are well and finding your way around our site?

We have a dedicated thread for your question so you should definitely pop in here and follow the instructions from the opening post

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask ;)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • ArranMJT1990
      ArranMJT1990
      Bronze
      thanks guys I am not a complete beginner i heard that this was a very good site to learn and become a better player which is what i wish to be. I am only bummed that I already have an account on pokerstars and pkr these are the sites that I spend most of my time on. I am however open to new poker rooms and have recently passed the $50 test but dont really wish to join the rooms on offer. why is it that they are the only 2 rooms that I can have the $50 incriments deposited at
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there,

Congrats on passing the quiz. The free $50 starting capital is available at a certain poker room only, depending on your country origin and our current offers.

Which room will you join?

Ingrid
    • ArranMJT1990
      ArranMJT1990
      Bronze
      I would like to join on titan poker however my laptop isnt installing the software and i dont know why im having problems with it it seems to be able to download and use other such sites. could you tell me why you think this is?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey ArranMJT1990,

It seems unusual that you cannot download Titan.

Have you any anti-virus programs running or Firewall programs blocking it? Maybe take a screen shot of the problem and we will do our best to assist you :)

All the best,
      Gary