MP1 ($4.70)
      MP2 ($11.15)
      CO ($10.10)
      BTN ($10.20)
      SB ($18.33)
      Hero (BB) ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is BB 8:diamond: 8:club:
      5 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: 5:heart: 7:heart: 9:heart: ($0.65, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, BTN calls $0.42

Turn: 5:spade: ($1.49, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.95, BTN calls $0.95

River: 4:club: ($3.39, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • 6 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Do you even understand why you are betting flop and turn?

My line would be to c/c Flop and fold any turn except a blank 6 or 8. If it goes check check it's ok. I then give up on any 4 card flush. I think you are thinking of betting for protection.

HOWEVER, note that protection mainly applies to strong hands. Who cares if he sucks out with his KQ with the K of hearts? We don't really mind folding our shitty hand anyway. What we want to do is to reduce variance, induce a single bluff bet and try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nipbourne,

Why do you donk the flop? Why ain't ya letting him CB with his whole range which he could easily do. But of course if you do donk then no other way to play it.

As played on the river well, practically it's up to you and how you see the opponent. Myself usually when I pick such a line as donk the flop & bet turn it would be for free showdown and I wouldn't plan to Call the river. :)

Best Regards.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Why do you donk the flop? Why ain't ya letting him CB with his whole range which he could easily do.

because i dont think he could easily bluff on this flop and i want to protect my hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nipbourne
      Why do you donk the flop? Why ain't ya letting him CB with his whole range which he could easily do.

because i dont think he could easily bluff on this flop and i want to protect my hand.
      He has CB 100% so far. :)
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by nipbourne

He has CB 100% so far. :)
      so c/r is better?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Check/Raising would put you into tough spot on further streets where he could be calling with a draw and then hits a pair. Rather just Check/Call and keep his range wide and don't build it up.