Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10)
      BB ($11.83) 18/3
      UTG ($10.13)
      CO ($20.04) 54/18
      BTN ($2.69) 31/18

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:heart:

fold, [color=red]CO raises to $0.30, BTN raises to $0.90, Hero??

Is better only flat to keep the open raise in the pot, or just 3b and hope the open raiser 4bet?

And with TT? and 88/99?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      fold/call/4bet are all options.

Cold 4Bet: Looks really strong at lower limits. I think you would be overplaying JJ in an NL10 SH game. At higher limits I always 4bet here for value because i cold 4bet bluff here often too against aggressive Buttons.

Call 3bet: Good against villains who do not stack off light here but have a 3bet range that is wide to some extent. (if villan doesnt stack off TT and AQ and some bluffs I think 4betting JJ here isn't good). We keep all his air in and prevent ourselves from isolating against stronger.

In short: Good against wide 3bet range but straight forward postflop player

Fold: I fold against tight 3betters from BU. You are going to look at JJ+/AK which is a range that has you crushed. Calling 9BBs to setmine is pretty ridiculous and with this logic you could techinically setmine any pocketpair, not only JJ. Nothing good can come out of defending JJ here.

BUT

I just realized that BTN is short. So I min4bet here and call it off against BTN while folding against CO (because I think this guy only ships QQ+/AK)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mawaykid,

Nah, not really. I guess against BTN stack I would just 4bet and get it in. :) If he would be fully stacked then it would be different case and we would mainly base on BTN 3bet and etc stuff.

Best Regards.