[NL2-NL10] nl10sh 3b pot

• mawaykid
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.05)
      BB ($13.09) 28/21/2.2 he folds very few times to cbet, and much to 2nd barrel, in 3b pot he call all times(4x), one vs me: or/c IP, call ,fold t 99Tr 8.
      UTG ($46.83)
      CO ($14.27)
      Hero ($28.97)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: 8:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.30, fold, BB calls $1.20, fold

FLOP ($3.05) 8:spade: 9:spade: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($3.05) 8:spade: 9:spade: 6:club: J:heart:

BB bets $1.85, Hero calls $1.85

RIVER ($6.75) 8:spade: 9:spade: 6:club: J:heart: 5:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.35, BB folds

what is a "standard" range for coul call to 3b ?
      Flop we need bet for value right?
      My tought was: he calls alot, so I dont have fe to make he folds, but I have a nice draw(oesd+pair), so ckh to try improve my hand and control the pot.

bad tought? Turn is a obv raise right?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      Pre-Flop: Calling is an option but I do like 3betting given that you are deep.

The Cold Caller's range is mostly AQ+/77+, maybe some more pairs and KQs/AJs. His 3bet calling range should be much wider since he would be less likely to 4bet TT-QQ pre-flop and also call more pairs and suited stuff.

But I think the lower end of his range (KQs/AJs/22-77) isn't so likely. I think he would definitely call those if he was the initial raiser. people don't like to get involved when they have not invested anything initially.

Flop: We are not really betting for value if we do bet. Though we should have a rough idea on whether we should bet/call or bet/fold. I think he's always folding AK and AQ which is a good part of his range so I think we should just bet for protection and also we can easily barrel or take free cards as we wish. Given that we are deep I think bet/folding is the best option since I do not think he is going to c/r TT and JJ and QQ so often, and he should be weighted more towards the occasionally slowplayed KK+, and some sets and AK/AQ of spades

Since I expect him not to have AQ and AK anymore after I bet the Flop, I would barrel any Ace and King which allows me to fold out TT-QQ.

If not I just take the Free Card, we have our 2p/trip/straight outs anyway. I would fold to a river donk on a blank because I think he doesn't have too many busted hands.
    • veriz
      Hello mawaykid,

what is a "standard" range for coul call to 3b ?

Depends a lot on the opponent but usually some strong broadways/PPs I would tend to think would be his range. Might even be a trap with KK/AA.

Flop we need bet for value right?

Yes, I would definitely Bet it and protect our hand. There are still overcards from we need to protect. Plus our hand should be strong enough here.

bad tought? Turn is a obv raise right?

Well, if you didn't CB the flop then why do you want to raise the turn? :)

Best Regards.