This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10sh 3b pot

• mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.05)
      BB ($13.09) 28/21/2.2 he folds very few times to cbet, and much to 2nd barrel, in 3b pot he call all times(4x), one vs me: or/c IP, call ,fold t 99Tr 8.
      UTG ($46.83)
      CO ($14.27)
      Hero ($28.97)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: 8:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.30, fold, BB calls $1.20, fold

FLOP ($3.05) 8:spade: 9:spade: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($3.05) 8:spade: 9:spade: 6:club: J:heart:

BB bets $1.85, Hero calls $1.85

RIVER ($6.75) 8:spade: 9:spade: 6:club: J:heart: 5:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.35, BB folds

what is a "standard" range for coul call to 3b ?
      Flop we need bet for value right?
      My tought was: he calls alot, so I dont have fe to make he folds, but I have a nice draw(oesd+pair), so ckh to try improve my hand and control the pot.

bad tought? Turn is a obv raise right?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre-Flop: Calling is an option but I do like 3betting given that you are deep.

The Cold Caller's range is mostly AQ+/77+, maybe some more pairs and KQs/AJs. His 3bet calling range should be much wider since he would be less likely to 4bet TT-QQ pre-flop and also call more pairs and suited stuff.

But I think the lower end of his range (KQs/AJs/22-77) isn't so likely. I think he would definitely call those if he was the initial raiser. people don't like to get involved when they have not invested anything initially.

Flop: We are not really betting for value if we do bet. Though we should have a rough idea on whether we should bet/call or bet/fold. I think he's always folding AK and AQ which is a good part of his range so I think we should just bet for protection and also we can easily barrel or take free cards as we wish. Given that we are deep I think bet/folding is the best option since I do not think he is going to c/r TT and JJ and QQ so often, and he should be weighted more towards the occasionally slowplayed KK+, and some sets and AK/AQ of spades

Since I expect him not to have AQ and AK anymore after I bet the Flop, I would barrel any Ace and King which allows me to fold out TT-QQ.

If not I just take the Free Card, we have our 2p/trip/straight outs anyway. I would fold to a river donk on a blank because I think he doesn't have too many busted hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mawaykid,

what is a "standard" range for coul call to 3b ?

Depends a lot on the opponent but usually some strong broadways/PPs I would tend to think would be his range. Might even be a trap with KK/AA.

Flop we need bet for value right?

Yes, I would definitely Bet it and protect our hand. There are still overcards from we need to protect. Plus our hand should be strong enough here.

bad tought? Turn is a obv raise right?

Well, if you didn't CB the flop then why do you want to raise the turn? :)

Best Regards.