Q about moving from sng to mtt

• p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Just wondering how many buy ins you need to play MTT's regularly? I know its 30-50 for sng, is it the same for mtt? I'm doing well in sng but I wanna win big!! n its not gonna happen playing 9 man/18 man sng's.
  • 14 replies
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      Just wondering how many buy ins you need to play MTT's regularly? I know its 30-50 for sng, is it the same for mtt? I'm doing well in sng but I wanna win big!! n its not gonna happen playing 9 man/18 man sng's.
      Its atleast 100 buy-in's for MTT's.

But you should not try that if you think you cant win big on one table SNG's.
      You'll be broke before dinner. :evil:
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I think MTT's are harder, but pay off better if you win lol. I can win big playing 1 table sng's but I think it could take a long time. I'll stick to sng's for now then, hopefully my patience will pay off big $$$
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I think MTT's are harder, but pay off better if you win lol. I can win big playing 1 table sng's but I think it could take a long time. I'll stick to sng's for now then, hopefully my patience will pay off big $$$
      Yes. If.

Stick with SNG's, but play some MTT's for MTT training.
      Alot of final table experience to be made at 1t SNG's too.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      SNG is consistent little money. Mtt is very slow with huge losing streaks and variance. SO you choose if you want to win that Sunday Million giving you 1 in 7,000 chance to win, or win $20 in 1 out of 9 odds.
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      cant you play both? I do. Playing lots of sngs is less swingy and profits can be used to play mtts. lots of sng play makes you more of a force in mtts I think. Always aware about position stack sizesnumber of players etc most of the field in mtts are ther for a gd time. opposition in sngs is harder than mtts.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      practice on the freerolls.
    • danwong
      danwong
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RMB
      practice on the freerolls.
      I don't think freerolls would be beneficial. They are very very loose. MTT aren't as loose, the only thing comparable is the Knockout format.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      All very good insight :) Thx

@ arjun, You're right I am much more likely to win in a 9 man than an mtt with hundreds or even thousands of people.

@vargan & gemgem, Yeh I could continue playing sng's as my main way of building my BR whilst also playing MTT's for experience and hope I win big! lol.

@ rmb & danwong, freerolls can be fun to play, but so much different than $$ tournaments, the players ARE a lot looser and mostly don't understand the dynamics of poker, I notice whenever I play playchips it affects my game.

Would I still need 100 buyin's for an mtt if it's not all I'm playing? I don't really want to play $2 tournies but wouldn't waste all my money buying into $10+ ones.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      go learn cash before you try MTT.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      yeh think im not ready for MTT's yet =l played the early doubles on fulltilt n lost both, 1 guy went all in with 33 preflop LOL n hit quads.... i was like.. all in with 33? n he goes race... didnt you know? I think for now I'm better off playing the lottery
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      i'd love getting my money in early in an MTT with 33 against AKo. 3.8% edge is massive so far from the real money.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      dude... i lose 96% of all coinflips..... pp's vs 2 highers THEY hit.... 2 highers vs pp's they allllways hit.... pocket pairs vs lower pp's they hit 98% of the time... im best off bluffin my way to victory i think -_-
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      If you play on Full Tilt I'd recommend The Feguson. A $1 buy-in with no fee, $500 guranteed. Great tourney with rarely more than 1000 players. A bit loose but good practice compared to freerolls
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      dude... i lose 96% of all coinflips..... pp's vs 2 highers THEY hit.... 2 highers vs pp's they allllways hit.... pocket pairs vs lower pp's they hit 98% of the time... im best off bluffin my way to victory i think -_-
      rigged obv. what you should do is pick your spots, bluff when you sense weakness and bully your opponents, and you'll go on to be the World Champion of Poker.
      guaranteed