Micro Zoom challenge

• stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      Hey,

So yesterday Zoom came out. As I really liked Rush Poker I got excited and decided to do challenge - come from NL2 to just how high can I get. Hopefully like NL50 at the end of the year. Though it will be really tough.

I have played HU SNGs before till 20$ level but hit some serious bad run. Also had to cash out a decent bit of bankroll so yeah, that didn't help. But I'm definitely not unhappy of my decisions.

Now I'm just enjoying this game and hopefully will move up quickly.

Graph of today, couple hours of play (2 tabled). Though it doesn't include like 600 hands when I tried to set up PT3. Also obv run good, spiked a Q when got in QQ vs KK. :)

• 12 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stripofbacon
      Hey,

So yesterday Zoom came out. As I really liked Rush Poker I got excited and decided to do challenge - come from NL2 to just how high can I get. Hopefully like NL50 at the end of the year. Though it will be really tough.

I have played HU SNGs before till 20$ level but hit some serious bad run. Also had to cash out a decent bit of bankroll so yeah, that didn't help. But I'm definitely not unhappy of my decisions.

Now I'm just enjoying this game and hopefully will move up quickly.

Graph of today, couple hours of play (2 tabled). Though it doesn't include like 600 hands when I tried to set up PT3. Also obv run good, spiked a Q when got in QQ vs KK. :)

will be following good luck :)

roo
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze

Can i ask how did u fix it then? I am having problems too and can not figure out.

GL with the moving up the limits!
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RobertDaPro

Can i ask how did u fix it then? I am having problems too and can not figure out.

GL with the moving up the limits!
      Well to be honest, I don't know. I just started playing session when PT3 was on and then it imported all the hands. So now I'm afraid to play without PT3 turned on :D
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      So today I will 4table lets see how it goes. Gonna be crazy! :D
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      Grinded for about 1-2 hours. Four tables - I liked it a lot, it's action all the time, just great! Lost one big hand w/ set of Qs 200bb deep so that wasn't fun. Standard hand though. Nothing to get to upset about.

Interestingly enough that my red line is dropping - I think that this playing style (good blue line and BE red) is the best for micros but all my life I have been a red line maniac :D So my game has changed a bit in micros :)

Updated graph:
      [Spoiler]

[/spoiler]
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

Good luck crushing the zoom then!
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Your red line looks OK while you were winning. Then you've lost 3-4 BIs over 350 hands, you changed your game and your red line went down. That's what happens to me often as well and I don't know is it OK to start to play less aggressive (less bluffing more value betting) when you see it's not working well, or it's just something we fishes do :f_confused:
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Gl with your challenge! I also just started a blog & am thinking about playing zoom exclusively. So it will be interesting to follow your progress and see how you do :)
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      hey thanks for support guys!
      many stupid spots today with premium hands but whatever. Zoom gives me the opportunity to play lots of hands so it will come around.
      Lots of weird plays at NL2 Zoom that's for sure :)

Updated graph (probably will play a bit more later on)

• fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      What kind of BRM are you using for Zoom?

What with the ability to hit nearly 1k hands per hour, obviously the variance will be amplified comapred to the timespan.
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      To be honest, I haven't read any suggestions about BRM specifically for Zoom (rush).
      I want to move up fast but I also don't want to rush things. I will probably take shots with 25 buy ins for higher limit but with strict stop loss limit. Also will probably just 2 table when move up for a while.

About the variance part - I haven't given it a real thought. Obv it must be pretty high but also you play so much hands that it should level out bit faster. Don't know really. Need to get a decent sample size. :)
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      What kind of BRM are you using for Zoom?

What with the ability to hit nearly 1k hands per hour, obviously the variance will be amplified comapred to the timespan.
      variance not at all skewed if you have decent post flop skills and board evaluation skills. IMO its easier to play tight when you get dealt a hand WHENEVER YOU want..its like a tag's dream!! its going to get tougher now that HEM2 came out with the update, but overall im playing tighter then i ever have to compensate for what im seeing people show down against me most of the time its set or better when you get a post flop all in.

another note on result oriented thinking: i find im not worried about the results in zoom, as i just have to stay so focussed on the moment , or i will lose my mind and edge in the process . when i fold, i dont have to watch my folded JTo hit a nut straight which i wouldve got paid off had i called a rediculous preflop raise amount...or see my pocket 8's that just got 3 bet hit a set on the flop that wouldve got paid by AA. i can just move on knowing i made the right decision MOST of the time which is all that matters.

preflop is pretty soft. people continuously 3 betting me or just shoving for no apparent reason when i hold AA/KK. im never folding these hands to nl2 unknowns preflop for any amount.

im still working on a decent range for zoom. but i think it will work the same as the basic BSS starting hands chart, and a little bit more so maybe like opening 14% of hands, even less from utg and even more from MP3 CO, BU, SB.

Punish the limpers as there are plenty of obvious setmining situationheavy s. ex utg limps. everyone else folds, SB raises 5x, utg1 instacalls. SB cbets on a high board or non paired board. UTG instafolds.

beware of the limpers who call your flop cbet. they might not have a pocket pair. they might limp AJ, KQ, QJ type hands...its happened to me a couple pots. most notable one is im in SB, BU limps AJo......wtf lol im holding A-8, i raise thinking hes weak...he calls. flop shows us an ace on dry board. he barrels. i call. he barrels turn. i call. J hit river, he barrels river, i call....lose half a stack lol..

other then that im finding it just the same as regular tables, just faster and more fish making stupid stupid mistakes with tptk and tpgk situations, as well as paying WAY too much for their draws.....

this is zoom everyone...stare at it in awe.
      swoon at its wonderous glory that is fishie fishie fishie....

im actually scared the fish might lose their money before i can get to them! but theen i remembered...NL2 has millions of jokerstars fishies!! yay for populating!!

gonna skype with my mom and then its off to the tables for a heavy HEAVY 3K hand session when the boy goes to bed and the girlies at work all night!!
      magic