This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH, A9o river call

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1689116
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $23.29
      SB: $11.40
      BB: $22.74
      UTG: $25.15
      MP: $18.58
      CO: $6.22

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BTN with A :club: 9 :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.80) T :diamond: 7 :club: K :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB calls $1.20, BB folds

Turn: ($4.20) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.20) A :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

Open and c-bet is pretty standard.

On the turn i pick up a straightdraw and i still have a overcard to Kx. Villain is pretty loose so i dont like firing here agan. So idecide to check back w my increased equity. The ace falls and he makes a mid sized bet. I decide to call here given he might fire some Kx type of hands maybe even Tx if he is bad enough.

Opinions?
  • 2 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Do we know something about SB/BB? I wouldnt cbet this board if even one of them is loose/fish, he will not fold Kx/Tx/straightdraws, maybe even 7x/middlePPs, and our hand hasnt got much potential for barreling later.
      River call is standard.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

If you say they are loose and at the same time it still hits their calling range. Therefore I wouldn't be betting in first place on the flop but rather just Checking and planning to give up.

Otherwise on the river well, do you think he would even block-bet with a Kx? :) Doubt that he would turn his Kx into bluff. Also couple of draws completed like 89/QJ, so what do you expect to beat? :) Not that I am saying that calling for the given odds is very bad but most likely I doubt that we are ahead there. :P

Best Regards.