This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH, TT vs resteal.

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1689118
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $40.58
      Hero (CO): $20.90
      BTN: $24.11
      SB: $45.64
      BB: $19.10

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is CO with T :club: T :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.70, 1 fold, SB raises to $2.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.60) 4 :heart: 9 :club: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60

Turn: ($9.80) A :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.20, Hero folds

Villain is a 22/17 with a 3b of 9% from SB named something w/ "3bet" in his SN. 614 hands

I decide to call here given I have position, and a 9% 3b range consists(if linear) something like TT+ ATs+ AJo+ QJs+ KQo KJs KJo. He might also just 3b a polarized range conisisting of Ax hands which increases my equity tremendously.

so vs his linear range i have about 50% equity.

The flop is a very good one for me. All his broadways miss.

He c-bets and i make a pretty standard call here. He is c.betting in 3b pots 80% so far.

The turn card is probably the worst card in the deck for me. All his Ax bluffs now beat me, every AK,AQ,AJ beats me.

He bets again and i decide to fold here.

How do you like my play? Standard? Fold pre?
  • 2 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Like your play, 4bet/broke would be an overplay, unless we know that he is capable of shoving light (f.e. low PPs) to 4bets.
      Flop call, turn fold also seems okay for me, i think a flop raise wouldnt accomplish much, but isolate us against overpairs, sets, and strong combodraws.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

I don't mind your play at all here. Most likely I would have played the same way, just horrible card for us on the turn. :(

Best Regards.