whats the best strategy???

• ArranMJT1990
      ArranMJT1990
      Bronze
      Right I'm starting the process of starting my poker career I plan to play NL10 and or NL25 with a $600 BR. I am not a complete novice and have experience in playing poker I dont know the exact amount of hands I've played but I have a grasp of the game and some strategies.

I was wondering if you kind people could give me the best strategies for the following:

NL10
      NL25
      SnG- No more than $15-$20
      MTT- Microstakes no more than ($10)

Any and all help would be much appreciated.
  • 8 replies
    • Pnnkaznk
      Pnnkaznk
      Bronze
      Are you winning player at NL2 NL5? You shuld start there first.
    • ArranMJT1990
      ArranMJT1990
      Bronze
      I would say I am a winning poker player at these stakes yes but I have hardly played thes limits I started at NL10 and have had a bit of success in SnG and MTT's winning a couple of MTT's nothing to scream about though
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      You wold say you are a winning player is not equal to you are a winning player.
      Play a few hands 5-10k at 2nl if you're winning go up and so on.
      Also I'd suggest to stick to one specific format of poker for starters and get really good at it. I'd start with 6max cash because I hate the nits at full ring :P .
    • ohmesohrny
      ohmesohrny
      Basic
      If your not using a program to track your play that would be the first thing you should do. Buy PT or HEM.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArranMJT1990
      Right I'm starting the process of starting my poker career I plan to play NL10 and or NL25 with a $600 BR. I am not a complete novice and have experience in playing poker I dont know the exact amount of hands I've played but I have a grasp of the game and some strategies.

I was wondering if you kind people could give me the best strategies for the following:

NL10
      NL25
      SnG- No more than $15-$20
      MTT- Microstakes no more than ($10)

Any and all help would be much appreciated.
      Hi ArranMJT1990

Like the others said if I were you I would play some NL5 first to see if you can beat the limit. A months won't hurt your career.

About the strategies I don't really get what you mean with that but PokerStrategy offers a lot of articles, video's and coachings for cash, SnG's and MTT's I would start there and you'll find whatever you are looking for.
      For articles about almost everything click here.
      For videos about almost everything click here.
      And for coachings click here.

But wait there is more! (always wanted to say that :s_biggrin: )
      There are also hand evaluators. In this part of the forum you can post hands and professional judges will evaluate your hands and you will learn from you mistakes!
      Cash games hand evaluations up to NL10
      Cach games hand evaluations from NL20 to NL50
      SnG & MTT hand evaluations up to $5

And it might be a good idea to start with the No limit beginners course. In my opinion it doesn't matter what you are going to play (cash, SnG or MTT) it's a good way to start you career of with. You will learn the basics of poker and it will give you a great boost! In the course there will be a coach who gives live coachings every week (this 8 weeks and then the course repeats itself, so he starts of with week 1 again) and after every week you get homework which he will evaluate. At the end of the 8 weeks you can make an exam and if you pass it you will get the same tag as me in your signature.
      So basically you will learn a strategy to win in the micro's!
      No Limit Beginners course

Best of luck at the tables!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      nice post rastweet!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I moved this thread to a better suited forum.
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Hi ArranMJT1990,

Welcome!

I've sent you a new ticket regarding our latest poker articles, basic status videos etc. To view your ticket simply click here.

If you require any assistance please notify me by replying to your ticket and I'll be happy to help.

Oh... and great post Ras, thanks for helping out. ;)