Moneybookers froze my account right after I verified it HELP

• roshanwali
      roshanwali
      Basic
      hey, I have a MoneyBooker's account and I my was account locked. I cannot send outgoing transactions or withdraw money .. no warning email or contact. I purchased something for £434 and verified my bank and address, then that payment got refunded. AND INSTEAD OF IT GOING STRAIGHT BACK INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT MONEYBOOKERS ARE HOLDING IT!
      They are refusing to unlock my account without ID and Proof of address which I do not wish to send.

I called them numerous times and it went to answerphone not good for a 'reputable' company. when i did get through to them they said I made another account which is not true and if there is another account then it wasnt made by me.

All I request is the money be returned to my bank and if possible unlock my account but at the very least return it to my bank.

I Emailed their complaints department.

NO RESPONSE (not even an automated email stating they will deal .. never mind a courtesy reply).

Until now I have had no complaints .. but their customer service SUCKS BIGTIME !!!
  • 5 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi roshanwali,

ID verification is a standard procedure at any company nowadays. How come you don't wish to provide them with the required documents?

Ingrid
    • roshanwali
      roshanwali
      Basic
      hi, I dont have a UK passport as I need to renew it or drivers license all I can send out is proof of address and I hardly feel safe all I want tbh is my money into my bank
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roshanwali
      hi, I dont have a UK passport as I need to renew it or drivers license all I can send out is proof of address and I hardly feel safe all I want tbh is my money into my bank
      Hi again,

I think the best is to talk to Moneybookers and let them know but in reality, they will be requesting these documents from everyone. Best to explain them what you have available and take it from there.

Ingrid
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Interesting, I can easily contact moneybookers through phone. I did so recently to clear up a hotel bill that I was charged for. They checked it straight away for me and got is sorted, my money was back with me in my account the next week.

Are you sure you are using the right country code for your region for dialing abroad ?? As the phone number works. Or did you contact them out of office hours.

Take care.
    • Skrill
      Skrill
      Bronze
      @roshanwali:
      Sorry to hear you are having issues with our service.
      However what Ingrid says is true: As a FSA regulated entity with headquarters in the UK, we are legally required to ask for proof of identity from our customers. We are regulated similar to most banks (you also have to bring a lot of paperwork to open account there), and adhere the same standards. So eventually, we will need a proof of identity of some sort.
      If you have any further questions, please feel free to PM this profile.