How do i track forum threads i replied to?

• Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Is there an easy way to track the forum threads that i took part in? The only way i can think of

Many other fora offer the option to subscribe to threads that you started or replied to. That way you can view them from your usercp or favorites list.

The only way i have found so far, is to manually search for my username. But there must be something easier, right? ;)
  • 11 replies
    • sandymanufan
      sandymanufan
      Global
      option 1)
      open any thread.
      top right you will see add to favourites.

option 2)
      on the hope page below the list of recent threads there is show all forums.
      below that there is "your last forum posts."

hope this helps.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sandymanufan
      option 1)
      open any thread.
      top right you will see add to favourites.

option 2)
      on the hope page below the list of recent threads there is show all forums.
      below that there is "your last forum posts."

hope this helps.
      Option 3)
      Click on forum
      click on search
      type in your name on the right hand side
      click search
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Borr,

As already said you can click the "Add Thread to Favorites", this link is just above the "Reply Post" Button on the top right.

Once you have done this & you're on the forum you can see a set of buttons near the top of the page like this:
      Your Profile
      Search
      Favorites

Then click on the Favorites button, here you will see all the threads you've added :D

Hope I made that clear? If not, I'll make a Print screen with some awesome paint skills on it :f_biggrin:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness

Hope I made that clear? If not, I'll make a Print screen with some awesome paint skills on it :f_biggrin:
      I'm not sure if this was a really clear explanation. I think he needs those paint skills!! :s_grin:
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Originally posted by MattDenness

I'm not sure if this was a really clear explanation. I think he needs those paint skills!! :s_grin:
      :f_cool: :f_cool:
    • Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

I am familiar with all methods described. What i am looking for is an 'auto add to favorites' option. But I guess That's not available on this forum.

Then another question :)

How do you guys check whether someone has replied to one of your posts or asked an additional question? (like this one ;) )
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Borr

I am familiar with all methods described. What i am looking for is an 'auto add to favorites' option. But I guess That's not available on this forum.

How do you guys check whether someone has replied to one of your posts or asked an additional question? (like this one ;) )
      Hi Borr

as far as I know there isn't a auto add to fav on the forum. But it doesn't really take that long to click on it yourself does it?

About your additional question. I just click on search, type in my name on the right hand side and click search. Then I see al the threads in which I responded and I see if anyone posted anything new in them.

Hope this was a bit helpful?

Regards
      RasTweet
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Borr

Hi Borr,

Yes, it does exist actually. Please click on "edit options" and the 6th question from the top will be "Enable email notification by default?" now change that to Yes.

Like this you'll be receiving email notifications on any posts you replied/started. You can then add any of your favorite threads by click on a forum thread top right corner "add to my favorites". Once you add a thread to your favorites, please switch on email notification by clicking ""favorites". Here you will be able to delete any thread as well which you wish not to receive more notification.

Hope this helps?
      Ingrid
    • Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      Hi Ingrid and RasTweet,

I guess i am trying to mold a previous forum experience into this one ;)

What i am looking for is something in between both methods you two suggested. I would like to see a list similar to what you get when you search for your own name. But then preferably bookmarkab. I tried to look at the POST data, but it looks like the search page checks for the http referrer.

Ingrid, i will try the method you suggested. I would like to do exactly that, but then without the email notification :f_biggrin:

Thanks for your suggestions!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Borr,

I take it you have added them to your Favorites and tried this route out? I'm having difficulty understanding what exactly you're after :(

Just add each thread you're interested in to Favorites, then click this each time you wish to see any updates

Could you explain an example? Maybe then we can work a way out for you! :D
    • Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      Hey Matt,

The thing is... I am really lazy. If i can save a few repetitive clicks, I am willing to go through great lengths to prevent i have to ever do that. And that's what is going on here :D

Just add each thread you're interested in to Favorites, then click this each time you wish to see any updates
      ^^ is about exactly what i would like and am used to on other fora. However, I want to save the click to add the thread to my favorites. That's all.

Some sites offer this feature in the forum options, some in the post page. And I was wondering whether this is available over here.

PS: as ingrid suggested, i now opted to be emailed on each new reply. This means that on each post, the thread is added to my favorites AND the option is set to send an email on updates. The latter email I'm not interested in, so i guess I will make an email filter that will drop them. Too bad the emails will be sent to the eternal bitplanes before they are read ;)