This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2, missed OESD, paired river raise bluff

• londonsystem
      londonsystem
      Bronze
      * this is part of my BSS lession 5 homework *

The below hand is kind of an example to show that I could not bluff on the river without set-up in the previous streets, especially in the micro level. I think I have played very poorly in every street.

IPoker Network $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1689445
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $0.80
      UTG+2: $1.82
      MP1: $2.10
      MP2: $2.07
      CO: $5.67
      Hero (BTN): $2.00
      SB: $0.98
      BB: $1.13

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with T :diamond: J :club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.04

UTG+1 had 10/9, but MP2 had 40/19. I should have folded as UTG+1 should have some AT+ or 88+ hands, and MP2 might be the same. JTo is especially bad hand when I am against ATx or AJx. The only thing I got is the position, but it was not enough.

Flop: ($0.33) 5 :club: 9 :diamond: 8 :club: (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.25, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $0.19

I had a decent OESD and back-door J-high flush draw. UTG+1 had AF 3.7 and checked, and I suspect he missed with Ax. MP2 had AF 1.4, and betting really small. I think he had a piece or draw. I wanted to take the pot with semi-bluff here, so I raised. MP2 called, not bad. I represented either flush draw or straight draw, so my hand is not easy to put to one way.

Turn: ($0.83) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

3 of heart could not help anyone. But MP2 is betting again. He might have a pair or a decent flush draw.

River: ($1.23) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.22, Hero raises to $0.86, MP2 calls $0.64

I missed my straight draw, and board paired. MP2 had WTSD 31%, W$SD 88%, and he bet really small - a quarter pot. His stat made me to consider river bluff, as I miss-read it as he would only call when he thinks he could win in most cases. When I reviewed it, I could not represent anything but 8-set, and it is really hard to convince anyone to fold even a pair.

What I thought was that there was a chance that he missed nut-flush draw and donk-cbet hoping I missed mine. So I bluff-raised here.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello londonsystem,

Preflop: Fold preflop! Not the greatest hand to flat vs a 3bet.

As played
      Postflop: As long you are getting so good odds then rather take them than raise. :) You still have another guy behind you! Don't really like your play here at all.

Best Regards.