[NL2-NL10] JJ making 3bet which actually was a 4bet

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      I actually missed that SB made a smallish 3bet, but my question is, as played, I don't think I can call his 3bet on the flop since I figure that he won't do that with AK or AQ, or am I mistaken? Could he do that with AK or AQ?

7 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG (€9.85)
      UTG 1 (€4.90)
      MP (€9.50)
      CO (€2.51)
      BTN (€10.47)
      SB (€10.36)
      Hero (€10.61)

Pre-flop: (€0.15, 7 players) Hero is BB J: J:
      3 folds, CO raises to €0.4, 1 fold, SB raises to €1.05, Hero raises to 20AC1.7, CO calls €1.3, SB calls €0.65

Flop: :2s: T: T: (€5.1, 3 players)
      SB bets €1, Hero raises to €3.5, 1 fold, SB goes all-in €7.71, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      I think you have to make the call. You've committed 40% of your stack already and you're getting 3/3.5-1 pot odds with an overpair, backdoor flushdraw, and a full-house draw.

We can assume villain doesn't have an overpair, as he'd push PF with QQ+ and probably AK, but I'd say a flush draw or 66-99, AT+ is in his range too, but I feel for value you almost have to make the call here.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Ofocurse you had to call here. You putted already 5,2$ in pot and had overpair so paying additional 3,5$ here is normal only if you know villian is TAG.
    • Zuckerzocker
      Zuckerzocker
      Bronze
      Hm. Pot Odds are good, but your opponent hand smells very strength like AA, KK or perhaps QQ. AK or AQ is very unlikely and would be totally wrong played on that board.

I think you shouldnt repeat your preflop mistake here and the lay down
      was the right decision.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Don´t like your min re-raise pf. I would just called.
      As played- don´t make small re-raise. Any re-raise commits you- you have overpair on 4-bet pot- thatś good enough for me to shove.
      As played: you have to call his shove- because he would shove also here with AK.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah ok, I kinda regretted not calling afterwards. Concerning my min re-raise preflop, as I said, I completely missed that someone had made a min reraise, thats why.