This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hi everybody

• wenmac281
      wenmac281
      Bronze
      Hey there

Just dropping to say hello. I've just gotten my start money and am waiting to convert to bronze so I can read up a bit more.

I've been reading and practising with play money and a few bucks I had left in PokerStars. I love the game and am keen to learn more. I must say everything was working a treat and overall I came out ahead.

I'm tuning in from Tasmania, which is the island state at the south of Aus. I have never been a gambler, in fact I hate parting with my money lol. I'm still lamenting a $5 bet I had 10 years ago on a sure-fire horse that is still trying to get over the line, hehe.

But I love strategy games and I'm beginning to realize just how deep the layers of technique can go with poker. So I'm in this for the long haul, and I intend to be successful. I'm not looking to get rich but I do want to pay a few extra bills. Anything extra is a bonus.

I even got abused at the end of a SNG last night, lol, so I must have been doing something right. There were three of us left, I was third with about $1200 and the other two had about 6k each. As I won a little more and a little more off one of them, he told me I didn't know how to play poker and to get out of there. I just smiled and kept playing. He was eliminated by the other player the next hand.

Then I laughed to myself. The other player then had 13k up on me, but I couldn't have been happier to see the other one go. I kept on for about another 30 mins and finally got knocked out with KK and they had AK and and A came in the river. But second place I was happy with (only a $1.20 entry) as I'd only ever played SNG five games before and came 5th each time. So I could really see the strategies working.

That's my story so far. Let's hope I'm posting on the successes forum soon ;)

Wendy
  • 2 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Helllo wendy and welcome to PokerStrategy :) Tasmania is sure an interesting addition to our team :D

Glad to have you aboard - and I hope to see you actively participating in the forum. We are glad to help you improve as a player, because Poker is indeed as you say a very complex strategical game in which good players have a longterm edge over their opponents.

So be sure to take advantage of the discussion boards for SNG hands- perhaps visit some coachings and watch the videos.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • wenmac281
      wenmac281
      Bronze
      I most certainly will. I'm not the shy type and I love to learn.
      Thanks for the welcome

Wendy