Hi everybody

• wenmac281
      wenmac281
      Bronze
      Hey there

Just dropping to say hello. I've just gotten my start money and am waiting to convert to bronze so I can read up a bit more.

I've been reading and practising with play money and a few bucks I had left in PokerStars. I love the game and am keen to learn more. I must say everything was working a treat and overall I came out ahead.

I'm tuning in from Tasmania, which is the island state at the south of Aus. I have never been a gambler, in fact I hate parting with my money lol. I'm still lamenting a $5 bet I had 10 years ago on a sure-fire horse that is still trying to get over the line, hehe.

But I love strategy games and I'm beginning to realize just how deep the layers of technique can go with poker. So I'm in this for the long haul, and I intend to be successful. I'm not looking to get rich but I do want to pay a few extra bills. Anything extra is a bonus.

I even got abused at the end of a SNG last night, lol, so I must have been doing something right. There were three of us left, I was third with about $1200 and the other two had about 6k each. As I won a little more and a little more off one of them, he told me I didn't know how to play poker and to get out of there. I just smiled and kept playing. He was eliminated by the other player the next hand.

Then I laughed to myself. The other player then had 13k up on me, but I couldn't have been happier to see the other one go. I kept on for about another 30 mins and finally got knocked out with KK and they had AK and and A came in the river. But second place I was happy with (only a $1.20 entry) as I'd only ever played SNG five games before and came 5th each time. So I could really see the strategies working.

That's my story so far. Let's hope I'm posting on the successes forum soon ;)

Wendy
  • 2 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Helllo wendy and welcome to PokerStrategy :) Tasmania is sure an interesting addition to our team :D

Glad to have you aboard - and I hope to see you actively participating in the forum. We are glad to help you improve as a player, because Poker is indeed as you say a very complex strategical game in which good players have a longterm edge over their opponents.

So be sure to take advantage of the discussion boards for SNG hands- perhaps visit some coachings and watch the videos.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • wenmac281
      wenmac281
      Bronze
      I most certainly will. I'm not the shy type and I love to learn.
      Thanks for the welcome

Wendy