POkerstars Zoom! REEEEEEEEEEEALY bad run

• Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Ok so I've been playing at the 6max nl2 tables for the last few weeks, my highpoint was up 34 buyins after about 17k hands, seems ok right?

Every time i got to around +30 buyins i'd take a shot at nl5 and every time that ended up badly also i was just taking 2 buyin shots. Bad luck i guess? :/

But the real problem is playing ZOOM poker at pokerstars, i know this is new and there are alot of team online pro players there, aswell as prob alot of other good players from higher stakes coming to check it out, MABY thats why im running so badly all of a sudden?

Well anyway so far im down about 10 buyins in last 30 mins ( this really hurts )

and down about 20 buy-ins total for the ZOOM poker.

I've been playing only my pocket pairs, suited aces, suited connectors, ak, aq, aj, at, kq

those are the only cards im playing, I raise them all 4bb+ 1 for each limper or just call if someone else has raised.

I 3bet my AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ, AT and then fold to a 4bet unless i have AA or KK.

When it gets to the flop, if there is 2+ people I check fold with nothing.

If it's only 1 other person i bet 3/4 pot if i was the preflop raiser if i was not then i just check/fold with nothing.

If i have Top pair, a flush draw or an OESD then i will bet 3/4 pot vs 2-3 on the flop.

with my sets, if there is 2+ people i will check raise, if just one person i will just bet 3/4 pot.

Thats pretty much my whole strategy right there. am i just running like shit or am i playing like shit i just dont know anymore.
  • 18 replies
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      [x] std :D

sounds like your strategy is so straightforward it will be predictable
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      I would suggest to try to think in opponents ranges etc, not just have a static strategy against every player.

And ye the variance is big in zoom I guess, I dropped 8bi on nl10 pretty quickly.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      I know it is very static thats because its really hard to get reads in zoom because you cant use HUD and also cant possibly just remember the hands.

How to get reads in zoom poker, please explain?

and without reads why change my strategy?

A static strategy should be fine if they also have no HUD and cant really remember every hand i play with them aswell as every other person zooming around in zoom poker land.
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      well I'm like -11bi on nl10 zoom aka rush, got some bad run too, lost KK vs KK, AK vs AK and other interesting sht.. well you can't do anything about it.. quit or stfu and keep playing,
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      bummer dude :( yeah i think there are alot of good players on the zoom atm while its new and highest limit is nl10 i've seen tons of online pros @ nl2, thats surly not normal
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      I guess I am the only one actually winning on ZOOM.
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      PS I have an almost identical strategy to you. However, I don't fold QQ, JJ, AK to 4-bets against most players. Also play a bit looser against mid stacks.

+ don't play suited connectors/AJ/A10/QK/22, 33, 44 unless on the button.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well i played 1k hands up to now and managed to lose 35BI. Thank god it was nl2 :)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Well i played 1k hands up to now and managed to lose 35BI. Thank god it was nl2 :)
      oh so you tried out that strategy of raising to $1.98 every hand and folding to any 3bets?
    • Heitzenizer
      Heitzenizer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      oh so you tried out that strategy of raising to $1.98 every hand and folding to any 3bets?
      Haha, made my day.

This must be a new kind of fancy strategy. Think I'll check it out later.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I lost 4 BIs yesterday and 3 of them were lost when I shoved pre-flop with AA :D . Anyway got back 2 today itself by following this strtaegy a bit.

Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      There are a LOT of people who do the following:
        Fast fold from the blinds if they have crap
        Open raise v wide from MP3 and onwards -- this was me for about the first hour -- you get a lot of blinds this way
        Open shoving. Judging by the fact that most people doing this have 500 or more BB stacks, I suspect a lot of these are bluffs. I'm still not going to call one w/o AA
        Limp-shoving. Since open-raising is getting a lot of folds, I think these guys are limping to induce someone to raise over them.

So I've been doing these:
        3Bet from the button fairly wide if open raiser has smallish stack (<100 BB) and call a 4Bet v tight
        3Bet from blinds a LOT more than in normal FR

So far Zoom seems to me far, far softer than Rush ever was. I totally sucked playing Rush poker, but I've played a lot of poker since then, maybe it would be different now.
      Although I'm confused about the calling 4-Bet against tight opponents point and I've asked him what he means by tha well rest of the stuff makes sense.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      And yeah this guy is playing at NL2. I think right now its best to play a limit lower than your main game and get used to zoom cause its still very new to many players and people really are reacting unpredictably.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I think I played 1k hands and never had more than 3 BI swings.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      he might have tried the 100% VPIP challenge :f_biggrin:

and somehow when i see that pic it associates with ihufa, sorry :f_love:
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      After that huge downswing i actually managed to turn it around and now im actually up 10 BIs at nl2 rush poker after being down so much
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vip3rNZ
      Ok so I've been playing at the 6max nl2 tables for the last few weeks, my highpoint was up 34 buyins after about 17k hands, seems ok right?

Every time i got to around +30 buyins i'd take a shot at nl5 and every time that ended up badly also i was just taking 2 buyin shots. Bad luck i guess? :/

But the real problem is playing ZOOM poker at pokerstars, i know this is new and there are alot of team online pro players there, aswell as prob alot of other good players from higher stakes coming to check it out, MABY thats why im running so badly all of a sudden?

Well anyway so far im down about 10 buyins in last 30 mins ( this really hurts )

and down about 20 buy-ins total for the ZOOM poker.

I've been playing only my pocket pairs, suited aces, suited connectors, ak, aq, aj, at, kq

those are the only cards im playing, I raise them all 4bb+ 1 for each limper or just call if someone else has raised.

I 3bet my AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ, AT and then fold to a 4bet unless i have AA or KK.

When it gets to the flop, if there is 2+ people I check fold with nothing.

If it's only 1 other person i bet 3/4 pot if i was the preflop raiser if i was not then i just check/fold with nothing.

If i have Top pair, a flush draw or an OESD then i will bet 3/4 pot vs 2-3 on the flop.

with my sets, if there is 2+ people i will check raise, if just one person i will just bet 3/4 pot.

Thats pretty much my whole strategy right there. am i just running like shit or am i playing like shit i just dont know anymore.
      people have already said it, you need to adapt your strategy to who your playing, for example, dont 3 bet QQ-TT, AK against a rock, or a TAG you know is going to 4bet or fold is a hardly ever calling, if your just going to fold to a 4 bet, you have as well have A2
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder

haha brilliant!