[NL2-NL10] QQ headaches

• KiroLiro
      KiroLiro
      Bronze
      Hi. So here was a hand that I can't stop thinking about. No stats on villan.

Preflop was standard. Postflop a c-bet of 2/3 because of the somewhat draw heavy of the board. The ace on the turn was a nightmare.. I check to see how the others would react, thinking I'm either way ahead or way behind here (maybe this is my first mistake?). The double straight draw is nice, but I'm drawing on dead if he has a made flush, as well as behind if he has an A. And even if I do hit my straight, I'm not sure I would have the guts to bet, into a flush board.

Now that I have a chance to look back, I'm trying to imagine what kind of hands he may have had. K :spade: J ? Ace with any low spade, or just any ace. JJ, TT, JT. Maybe 9T. I don't come out ahead with my queens in very many of them. I hope the fold was the right decision.

Thanks for your time.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.34
      MP3:
      $2.21
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $6.88
      SB:
      $1.71
      BB:
      $0.59
      UTG2:
      $2.42
      MP1 (Hero):
      $3.13

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, CO calls $0.08, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.27) 8, J, T (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, CO calls $0.18, BU calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.81) A (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.57, BU folds, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.81.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KiroLiro,

Being in multiway pot there is not much you can do on the turn than Check/Fold it. :) So I wouldn't really worry what he had there cause you weren't only against him. Although I would still CBet a bit bigger on the flop while it's so drawy.

Best Regards.