6-Max NLHE on Stars

• ComplyOrDie8

I am a relatively inexperienced player and would like to know whether you think the micro stakes 6-max levels on poker stars are beatable.

Currently I am down a lot at this level and even though I know in some situations I have played badly in others I know I made the right moves but just come up agaisnt people who never fold and then hit a monster on the turn/river.

What can I do to improve my game, and what should my basic strategy be as a beginner?

• 4 replies
    • Agiz19
      any limit is beatable some tougher than the other but micros are not that tough, just read some strategy articles for 6max micros and play your game avoid tough spots in the beggining. watch some 6max videos.
    • vander32
      micro stakes on stars is beatable. Ive played from 2nl to 25nl. Its apparently 100nl and on that the games are really tough. Definetly watch some vids in the vidoe section of pokerstrategy but also in my opinion just play a value game.

Bet big on drawy boards because as you said they dont fold just charge them big to see the river and keep bluffs out your game. But ya my advice is just VAL VAL VAL

good luck
    • maheepsangari
      I took six days to beat NL10 SH on Stars. Its definitely beatable. Use Table Scan Turbo to select rooms, target fish and you'll be well on your way to recover your losses.

And ofcourse you have to read articles and why not watch some videos on SH tables at these limits. That'll definitely help you and might help you fix a few leaks. There are tons of videos on this site.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      Hey ComplyOrDie8 ,

I can't give my opinion on any other level aprt from NL10 at Stars, but I'm currently up winning 10bb/100 over 30k hands there, so its definitely beatable.

The main thing Id advise is that you make sure your betting high enough to extract the most value from players, the best way to do this is by posting hand for Evaluation, so that our Hand Judges can help you win more $!

I do have a few tough days though, where no matter what I do or play, I'll win nothing and end up in -$, but you just have to stick to it, and continue playing your A-Game, do not let the losses put you down!!