Optimal Pre-flop Stats

• BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      What are the optimal/ideal VP$IP/PFR/3BET stats for NL10 - 25?

Currently (over 700 hands) I have 18% VPIP and 13% PFR. With these stats I have a winrate of 50.69 BB/100 however that could just be variance. I'm worried, I don't want to be a nit. :)
  • 6 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      It's rigged!
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      It's rigged!
      This only proves it. These are my first 700 hands on 888 and I am have a ridiculous BB/100 winrate, more than 500% over my Pokerstars winning level!
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BObamaJr
      a winrate of 50.69 BB/100 however that could just be variance. I'm worried, I don't want to be a nit. :)
      No no, 700 hands is enough to see your true winrate. 50 BB / 100 is a pretty weak winrate, you probably run bad as sh*t.

To be serious, don't care about your stats. Play ranges that are comfortable to you and decide by yourself when to loosen or tighten up depending on opponents, dynamics, etc. Stats will take care of themselves.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      If you're playing FR at those limits then to be profitable you'll have to be a nit initially. Then when you get sick of it, come to SH tables. :)

Seriously, if you're relatively new then stick to a nitty game first. Anyway here are my stats.

FR 13.2/7.8/2.8 Win rate-6.07 71,706 hands.
      SH 20.3/15.6/4.8 Win rate-4.70 30,455 hands.

As you can see I was playing quite nitty at FR cause everyone else is loose in micros. My stats are a lot looser in SH cause that game requires a looser approach you can see a clear difference in my 3-Bet range. Don't go by the win rate that much cause 30,000 hands is still a very small sample.

There is no optimal. You start nitty and then become looser untill you reach a comfortable zone for yourself. Twice T playsNL 10 in this video. Just watch 5 mins of it and you'll understand what I'm talking about.
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      If you're playing FR at those limits then to be profitable you'll have to be a nit initially. Then when you get sick of it, come to SH tables. :)

Seriously, if you're relatively new then stick to a nitty game first. Anyway here are my stats.

FR 13.2/7.8/2.8 Win rate-6.07 71,706 hands.
      SH 20.3/15.6/4.8 Win rate-4.70 30,455 hands.

As you can see I was playing quite nitty at FR cause everyone else is loose in micros. My stats are a lot looser in SH cause that game requires a looser approach you can see a clear difference in my 3-Bet range. Don't go by the win rate that much cause 30,000 hands is still a very small sample.

There is no optimal. You start nitty and then become looser untill you reach a comfortable zone for yourself. Twice T playsNL 10 in this video. Just watch 5 mins of it and you'll understand what I'm talking about.
      Cheers man. Info/video really helps
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Im playing NL25 SH and playing 21/18/4.8 with a winrate of 4.26 over 11k (smalllll sample size)

As maheepsangari said, there is no quick solution, you have to test the waters yourself.
      Use a HUD and adapt to the table as appropriate. (EXAMPLE) If your at a table full of regs then your goin to open Q9s from the cutoff instead of the usual fold.
      I recommend WPT poker, there are quite alot of fish at the tables compared to pokerstars / other popular sites :)
      Good luck at the tables :s_love: