MSS average vp$p

• pokerliz
      pokerliz
      Bronze
      Hello all,

I am playing according the mss strategy, i am also using pokertracker as a tracking and hud software.
      Now i am wondering what is the average VP$P for a mss player.
      The reason i am asking is because when I look at my own stats my VP$P is around 7, now that seems really tight.
      However I do play according the charts and sometimes try to play more advanced once on flop and turn, now playing + $20,-

Thanks for the input.
  • 4 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      Hello.

Guys in a German MSS coaching said that if you follow the chart, your stats should be something like VPIP/PFR 8/8, if you start to deviate, something like 11/10. Hopefully I remember it right, it was some time ago.

So in my opinion you are doing it right, also depends what sample you have. Keep going and don't forget to study and analyze your game.
    • pokerliz
      pokerliz
      Bronze
      Hey JohnDoe1313,

Thanks for your reply.
      Then i am doing ok i gues lol.
      I do study my hands in pokertracker, noticed few days ago that all my AK hands are -EV, hmmmm most of them were shoved preflop and lost, however I do think AK hands should be +EV.
      Have played 11.000 hands now.
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      I think that AK should be + too. But 10k hands ain't much, it could be variance. If you didn't shove your AK against some nits, but lost flips or vs random trash, then don't worry.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      I think that AK should be + too. But 10k hands ain't much, it could be variance. If you didn't shove your AK against some nits, but lost flips or vs random trash, then don't worry.
      good advice :) I dont tend to shove AK either if villian has very low pfr/3bet range. I have noticed on the micros that often even the loose/fish type players only have very tight pfr/3bet ranges. Example of this is stats like 72/4/2 !!! This can sometimes be over 1k sample size too! which tells me they shove AA KK !! :)

Roo