$3.42
      SB (Hero):
      $3.47
      BB:
      $3.68
      UTG1:
      $1.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 8.
      MP3 posts deadblind, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 checks, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB raises to $0.16, UTG2 calls $0.14, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.52) 8, T, 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, BB calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.88) 7 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks.

River: ($0.88) 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, BB folds, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.88.

The reason why I called the raise pre-flop out of position was because I was deepstacked with both the BB (who had decent stats and could very well have been stealing), and the utg fish (vpip/pfr 60/20). My plan was to see a flop and chk/fold anything smaller than 2 pair.

When the flop hit I'm obviously happy but I want to chk because I know the BB is going to put in a cbet and I also didn't want to scare the fish. I know the board is very draw heavy, but I'm pretty sure that if I chk/raised, both players would've folded so I was happy to gamble and try to get another street of value.

The turn card is obviously quite scary. I don't think BB has a straight here very often, but utg could have a lot of hands with a 9 so my plan here was to chk/call or fold depending on the action.

I think the river was where I made the biggest mistake. obviously when the 8 comes I'm quite happy. I think maybe chking to induce a bluff from utg would've been a better play here.

Any comments?

Since posting this I went back and replayed the hand and realize that it actually played out a little different. On the flop, the utg put out a donk bet and not the BB. When the BB calls the bet as well I think he probably has a pocket pair or a big ace. utg could've been trying to steal the pot in position but I also thought there was a good chance he had a straight draw or 2 pair or a T. Given all this new info, I realize why I donked the river, I figured there was a slight chance BB would call with a big pair, and also a good chance utg could have a straight, 2pair, or maybe even a smaller full house and would definitely call and maybe even raise.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello thebaptist333,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Well, I would still strongly recommend rather not playing so difficult hands. Especially on those stakes where you could easily overplay 2pairs/weak flushes and etc. Just completing is fine but I would fold to the big raise.

As played
      Postflop: I would definitely lead out on flop, we don't want to see Check behind and it doesn't really make sense to Check/Call such a small bet on the flop. We want to protect our hand. But otherwise seems to be fine.

Best Regards.