is this graph any good?

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      im currently playing NL2 SH 4-6 tables at the time @ everest poker for about 2 months. not a lot, just played about 5000 hands so far.

When i started with the $50 capital i totally busted 39 of them instantly in a tourney (not my brightest moment in the bankroll management decisions, i know :) ), so only had 11 left. Started playing cash games @ NL2 SH and a little NL4 (but dropped down to NL 2) and since then i went up to about $31 im currently sitting on.

Still, i think its going very very slow and dont have patience. Or is it normal?

Here is the graph, my bb/100 is about 16 (or so the HE manager says), but i know 5K hands is not a great sample to choose from.
      Non-showdown winnings are pretty bad, but honestly i have no idea what that means and how can i improve it.

• 9 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey zumpar,

Click the "Image" button in your posts (To the left of the YouTube Button)

Put in your link: http://i.imgur.com/Mv7zF.jpg and you get this

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      oh, i finally made it now , didnt see your post with the graph sooner. thanks anyways :)
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      can anyone answer please? :D
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

What do you want to hear?! You have made winnings and it seems, that you are on a good way. But the amount of hands is not big enough to say anything special.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      well, id like to know about the non-showdown graph, what does it mean, why is it so bad and how can i improve it? and second, if im going too slow, or is it normal? :) thanks
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      hey zumpar!

hahaha, i read the OP. i can totally relate to busting my starting capital [i wasted the $20 I got so far] and being impatient. i guess we're the fishes everyone's talking about, but that shouldn't worry or discourage you. we'll improve with hard/some work and over time!

about your graph, i'll just say i'd be happy to have one like it. :D i don't think it's bad at all, it might be a bit slow.. but that's perfectly normal since you don't play much and aren't fanatically devoted to the game. [i'm basing this on the fact you played 5k hands in 1month+]

about non showdown:
      A downward sloping redline is caused by one thing: putting money in the pot and then folding.

That's it. If you're regularly putting money in and folding, your redline will suffer.

and examples:
      Some common ways players regularly hurt their redline:
      • Continuation betting too often or in bad spots.
      • Having a one-and-done approach to c-betting.
      • Playing the out-of-position guessing game too often.
      • Calling too often with draws and playing them passively (forcing you to fold when you miss).
      • Calling raises with weak made hands only to fold to further action.
      • Calling too many three-bets and folding too many flops.
      • Check-calling weak hands that are essentially two-pair draws.
      • Playing passively in three-bet pots as the aggressor.

so, you need to check what things from these you do and adjust a little. but, keep in mind it's not _that_ big of a deal if you're a winning player (it could be that you're folding at right times mostly).

anyhoo, sorry for a long-winded comment.
      good luck in the future and don't be impatient. :f_biggrin:
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      ty for the answers. looks like ill have to re-evaluate my game a little :)

btw, is there a way for the non-showdown winings graph to be on the + side?
      all graphs ive seen are like mine or breakeven at most.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zumpar
      btw, is there a way for the non-showdown winings graph to be on the + side?
      all graphs ive seen are like mine or breakeven at most.
      Hi Zumpar

There is a way to get the non-showdown winnings on the + side yes. But then you have to play very aggressive and make people to fold in rather big pots. I wouldn't worry to much about losing with your non-showdown winnings.

If you want to find out more about 'how to get the non-showdown winnings on the + side' I advice you to start a thread in the No Limit: Beginners Discussion part of the forum regarding this "issue".
      No Limit: Beginners Discussion

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet