This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

is this graph any good?

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      im currently playing NL2 SH 4-6 tables at the time @ everest poker for about 2 months. not a lot, just played about 5000 hands so far.

When i started with the $50 capital i totally busted 39 of them instantly in a tourney (not my brightest moment in the bankroll management decisions, i know :) ), so only had 11 left. Started playing cash games @ NL2 SH and a little NL4 (but dropped down to NL 2) and since then i went up to about $31 im currently sitting on.

Still, i think its going very very slow and dont have patience. Or is it normal?

Here is the graph, my bb/100 is about 16 (or so the HE manager says), but i know 5K hands is not a great sample to choose from.
      Non-showdown winnings are pretty bad, but honestly i have no idea what that means and how can i improve it.

• 9 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey zumpar,

Click the "Image" button in your posts (To the left of the YouTube Button)

Put in your link: http://i.imgur.com/Mv7zF.jpg and you get this

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      oh, i finally made it now , didnt see your post with the graph sooner. thanks anyways :)
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      can anyone answer please? :D
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

What do you want to hear?! You have made winnings and it seems, that you are on a good way. But the amount of hands is not big enough to say anything special.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      well, id like to know about the non-showdown graph, what does it mean, why is it so bad and how can i improve it? and second, if im going too slow, or is it normal? :) thanks
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      hey zumpar!

hahaha, i read the OP. i can totally relate to busting my starting capital [i wasted the $20 I got so far] and being impatient. i guess we're the fishes everyone's talking about, but that shouldn't worry or discourage you. we'll improve with hard/some work and over time!

about your graph, i'll just say i'd be happy to have one like it. :D i don't think it's bad at all, it might be a bit slow.. but that's perfectly normal since you don't play much and aren't fanatically devoted to the game. [i'm basing this on the fact you played 5k hands in 1month+]

about non showdown:
      A downward sloping redline is caused by one thing: putting money in the pot and then folding.

That's it. If you're regularly putting money in and folding, your redline will suffer.

and examples:
      Some common ways players regularly hurt their redline:
      • Continuation betting too often or in bad spots.
      • Having a one-and-done approach to c-betting.
      • Playing the out-of-position guessing game too often.
      • Calling too often with draws and playing them passively (forcing you to fold when you miss).
      • Calling raises with weak made hands only to fold to further action.
      • Calling too many three-bets and folding too many flops.
      • Check-calling weak hands that are essentially two-pair draws.
      • Playing passively in three-bet pots as the aggressor.

so, you need to check what things from these you do and adjust a little. but, keep in mind it's not _that_ big of a deal if you're a winning player (it could be that you're folding at right times mostly).

anyhoo, sorry for a long-winded comment.
      good luck in the future and don't be impatient. :f_biggrin:
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      ty for the answers. looks like ill have to re-evaluate my game a little :)

btw, is there a way for the non-showdown winings graph to be on the + side?
      all graphs ive seen are like mine or breakeven at most.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zumpar
      btw, is there a way for the non-showdown winings graph to be on the + side?
      all graphs ive seen are like mine or breakeven at most.
      Hi Zumpar

There is a way to get the non-showdown winnings on the + side yes. But then you have to play very aggressive and make people to fold in rather big pots. I wouldn't worry to much about losing with your non-showdown winnings.

If you want to find out more about 'how to get the non-showdown winnings on the + side' I advice you to start a thread in the No Limit: Beginners Discussion part of the forum regarding this "issue".
      No Limit: Beginners Discussion

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet