sixes preflop+quad sixes on the flop= free money!

• AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $21.90
      Hero (UTG): $5.10
      MP: $4.45
      CO: $9.95
      BTN: $2.15
      SB: $37.85

Pre-Flop: 6:club: 6:diamond: dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero calls $0.10, MP folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.35) 6:heart: 6:spade: 2:club: (3 Players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.35) 7:spade: (3 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, CO raises to $0.60, BB folds, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($1.55) 9:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $3.40, CO raises to $6.80, Hero calls $1 and is All-In

Results: $10.35 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
      Hero showed 6:club: 6:diamond: (four of a kind, Sixes) and WON $9.85 (+$4.75 NET)
      CO showed 2:diamond: 2:spade: (a full house, Deuces full of Sixes) and LOST (-$5.10 NET)
  • 20 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      this is wrong on so many levels
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I think this is a game called limit no limit holdem. Preflop and flop are minbets/raises only, and if nobody bet there, which happens a lot as you see the first bet is still minimum. From there on you can do whatever you want and it leads to amazing hands like this!
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I think this is a game called limit no limit holdem. Preflop and flop are minbets/raises only, and if nobody bet there, which happens a lot as you see the first bet is still minimum. From there on you can do whatever you want and it leads to amazing hands like this!
      it's a really interesting game too, because some heretics are playing real no-limit holdem on the same table! so rude for them to go against tradition like that..

gj@OP for keeping up the limit no-limit holdem rules.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      That's nothing. I got today one of my biggest BB pots with quad nines, I will post the hand later. Also when I hit such cool hands like 4oak and royal flushes I tend to play them slowly to boast in front of other players ;) .
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Play all 4 streets horrifically and get paid off :D
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Play all 4 streets horrifically and get paid off :D
      Play all streets horribly, post the hand in the wrong section and buy in for a wrong amount = free money.
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      [QUOTE][QUOTE]Play all streets horribly, post the hand in the wrong section and buy in for a wrong amount = free money.

LMAO!!! I love how everyone here gets mad if I play more than 2 dollars. and how did I play horribly?!
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Well, Im not sure if you are playing BSS or SSS, your buy-in is confusing.Thats one.
      If its SSS, you cant limp with PP.You cant limp at all
      If its BSS, you should have rebought before the hand
      Flopcheck is fine.
      Turn bet is too little
      River bet is huge overbet, you wont get called with anything but the hand he actually had.Bet for value there.
      So, that are only the mistakes I see.And people dont get mad, they just laugh out at you, cause you are fun :D
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      openlimping pro imo
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      omg its SH too.
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      wow okay.. .don't have a heart attack... it was a 9 ppl table and 3 left geez...
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      oh my god, this was actually your hand AcessUP??!? i just thought swiss made this up on 2p2 for kicks! waaa.... sry for taking the piss then! you should reread some articles...

ignore this btw acess

[QUOTE]from2p2
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $21.90
      Hero (UTG): $5.10
      MP: $4.45
      CO: $9.95
      BTN: $2.15
      SB: $37.85

Pre-Flop: 6 6 dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero calls $0.10, MP folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.35) 6 6 2 (3 Players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.35) 7 (3 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10 , CO raises to $0.60 , BB folds, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($1.55) 9 (2 Players)
      Hero bets $3.40 , CO raises to $6.80, Hero calls $1 and is All-In

Results: $10.35 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
      Hero showed 6 6 (four of a kind, Sixes) and WON $9.85 (+$4.75 NET)
      [I]CO showed 2 2 (a full house, Deuces full of Sixes) and LOST (-$5.10 NET)[/QUOTE]
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      ^^^ wp Chenny, a glorious hand to be sure!
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      lol you guys are hilariously rude. lol watch, im going to post a royal flush one of these days and guess what... im still going to be hearing that i played it "wrong". lol whatever
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      It's ok to play a Royal Flush wrong, I'd do it too.
      In that case, you can give up some expected value bucks for showoff value :D

Anyway, keep that attitude and we won't ever see you above NL10 :)
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      It's ok to play a Royal Flush wrong, I'd do it too.
      In that case, you can give up some expected value bucks for showoff value :D

Anyway, keep that attitude and we won't ever see you above NL10 :)
      Dont get me wrong I WANT people to critize my play only because .1)I want to get better at the game and the calls that I make and 2) that's the whole point of posting this thread anyway.. dont you think?

I just hate it how people here are saying that it was horrible and not backing up their statement.

You can't just say that a movie that you just watched was stupid and not back your statement up.

Other than that... thanks everyone for "helping"
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      If you really want help with this, here goes:

0. Re-read the articles, post hands in the analysis forums and try to comment on other peoples' hands. Trust me, it helps a great deal

1. Buy-in full (100BB)

2. Play FR, it's easier to start off with.

3. If you really want to play SH, you can't open-limp, so raise with 66, to .35 or .4

4. Well it's hard to say since there's no way to know how many people would have seen the flop, but depending on opponents I either check, or bet.

5. As played, don't min-bet the turn. Bet more, like 2/3 to full pot. You'll get more value. When you're raised, your opponent either has a good hand, or nothing. Since he won't bluff again, just hope he has a good hand (which is the most likely scenario anyway), and raise (about 3x his bet)

6. If you played "correctly", you should have less than a pot-size bet left, so you can directly push all-in. If not, then don't overbet; just bet ~3/4 pot, you're much more likely to be paid off that way

7. If you want to show off your hand, just untick the "muck losing/uncalled hands" checkbox, and go ahead and bet ;)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze

0. Re-read the articles, post hands in the analysis forums and try to comment on other peoples' hands. Trust me, it helps a great deal

1. Buy-in full (100BB)

3. If you really want to play SH, you can't open-limp, so raise with 66, to .35 or .4

4. Well it's hard to say since there's no way to know how many people would have seen the flop, but depending on opponents I either check, or bet.

5. As played, don't min-bet the turn. Bet more, like 2/3 to full pot. You'll get more value. When you're raised, your opponent either has a good hand, or nothing. Since he won't bluff again, just hope he has a good hand (which is the most likely scenario anyway), and raise (about 3x his bet)

6. If you played "correctly", you should have less than a pot-size bet left, so you can directly push all-in. If not, then don't overbet; just bet ~3/4 pot, you're much more likely to be paid off that way

7. If you want to show off your hand, just untick the "muck losing/uncalled hands" checkbox, and go ahead and bet ;)
      swiss is right. i would normally not take the piss if i thought your post was in all seriousness, and was your hand.

but yeah, i'd already seen someone (not going to mention his name) post this hand in 2p2 BBV for everyone to laugh at, so i thought it was just you reposting that hand here...

btw, post hands like this in the appropriate forum next time, and you won't get this confusion from me (no guarantees others won't ridicule though)
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      Originally posted by chenny8888

1. Buy-in full (100BB)

swiss is right. i would normally not take the piss if i thought your post was in all seriousness, and was your hand.

but yeah, i'd already seen someone (not going to mention his name) post this hand in 2p2 BBV for everyone to laugh at, so i thought it was just you reposting that hand here...

btw, post hands like this in the appropriate forum next time, and you won't get this confusion from me (no guarantees others won't ridicule though)

That sounds great!!! Thank you guys for your help! Im more of the SnG/ tourney type, but you guys will be hearing more about me!

And speaking of Quad 6's I hit them again in this $2 dollar tourney with 2584 ppl on stars (which i landed 12th place and lifted my bank roll a little). But that case was different because I called the shortstack's all in.

And again thank you so much!