Minimum buy-in for Zoom is 50BB

• 20 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      It might be a good thing...people used to mass MSS rush (I was doing the same thing). It was so easy, because you could close a table when you got enough bbs and start new 40bb table right away.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I think it is still reasonable, but i think hand ranges had to differ a little bit. I used to do it on Rush, have not tried zoom yet.

50bb changes a lot tbh.
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      I playing zoom like for 4-5 days, whit MSS i`m up 28 BI. so far so good..
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I've played a little zoom, and feel no reason to MSS there, at least on NL2-NL10, so soft you can play super deep (if you know how to handle big stacks ofc).
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Next coaching on sunday will be on Zoom where I will explore this 50bb ;)
    • ProlinePoker
      ProlinePoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aerox232
      I playing zoom like for 4-5 days, whit MSS i`m up 28 BI. so far so good..
      Would ya be kind enough to post your graph (with the EV line)? I'm curious as I'm trying to MSS it too...
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze

Here it is,
      if you can please put in your to.

But after 5k hands EV line go up and my winnig dow, now I`m -10$ EV and up like 35. or somthing.
    • Saka000
      Saka000
      Bronze
      Gerv you should definitely make MSS video on NL10 or NL25 at PokerStars zoom,a?
    • streamer74
      streamer74
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saka000
      Gerv you should definitely make MSS video on NL10 or NL25 at PokerStars zoom,a?
      will be great =)
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      So we shouldn't use the MSS on Zoom poker ?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aingles
      So we shouldn't use the MSS on Zoom poker ?
      I used to do 1 session but I didn't liked it since 45-55bb stacking is a bit awkward

Best bet is to attend one of my coachings and create demand for a Zoom session ;)
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Alright Gerv , I will try to attend to one :)
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Could there be some adjustments made to make it profitable to play MSS even with 50bb deep? Because rushing (or zooming) MSS could be fun :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      Could there be some adjustments made to make it profitable to play MSS even with 50bb deep? Because rushing (or zooming) MSS could be fun :)
      What ideas/brainstorms/adjustments did you had in mind first?
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      My play is to passive for zoom. The only limit I could beat was 2nl zoom fr/6.
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      What ideas/brainstorms/adjustments did you had in mind first?

Hey Gerv,
      Well I'm not sure, that's why I asked, but IMO, if we add a few BB's to our stack, we get more implied odds, so we can increase a pre-flop range by a few more hands(top drawing hands)? Perhaps hands like top suited connectors(QJ?) or we could add a few more PPs(77,66) in our starting hand chart..

That's my understanding to it, maybe I'm completely wrong, but I've always looked it that way, more chips = more freedom, so it sounds logical that if we get a bigger stack, we should play a few more hands to make it a +EV overall play with 50bb's...

What's your take on this?
      -eXtremeACE
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      It is far better to understand why you are devising new ideas etc.

From what I have read is that you have ideas but you do not highlight it to me specifically enough. You need to have a plan (like a business plan -> thorough) in order to have some framework ready to deviate.

You can't just say like '"I can call suited connectors now and see what happens'' if you know what I mean

I'm sorry if this is not what you were looking for but I am by no means a 50bb regular and cannot write a 3 page essay in how to play Zoom as I dont play that gametype
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      I know what you mean, but the thing is I don't even know if it's even possible, that's why I just asked in a first place some of you guys who are much much better at poker..

But thanks anyway, I'll continue to play MSS with regular tables and if I want to play zoom I'll play BSS there..

Thanks anyway.. :)
    • Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      I have a couple question about ZOOM that I've been dying to get answered! =D

1) Do you guys think that perhaps BSS may be more successful with the zoom format when compared with MSS (Adjusted to 50BB)?

2) What is my re-stealing range from BB with a raise from SB, BU, or CO?

3) What is my re-stealing range from SB against BU or CO?

4) Because of the fact that many fish may be playing tighter because of the format. Does this mean one should adjust his PFR in early position in order to play only top notch hands such as JJ+, AJs+ ?

5) How do we feel about limpers? How should they be treated when we are stealing blinds?