This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A5c

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.94
      BB (Hero):
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $11.14
      CO:
      $6.94
      BU:
      $9.26

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, A.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) T, 6, 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, SB raises to $3.60, Hero raises to $9.70, SB calls $6.10.

Turn: ($20) 8 (2 players)

River: ($20) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.

villain 11/11 10hands

My question here is if the shove was the best possible play?
      I know that in an ideal situation where he`s got something like JJ i`ve got only 45% eq but does the fold eq that i generate with my shove compensate for at least 5%(in this scenario where he 3x`s my raise i know the fold eq is smaller but i still think he`s capabile of folding).

What about where he just min`raises my raise?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Without even knowing the opponent I am not a huge fan of going broke in those spots actually. Of course we have a strong hand but practically the case here is that it's just a flip. We can't even be sure if we have fold equity vs his 3bet on the flop, it's rather that he is committed there whatever he went to 3bet with if he has a made hand.

We would need ~41% equity and for example against his go-broke range:

Board: T:club: 6:heart: 2:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    60.31%  60.31%   0.00% { TT+, 66, 22, ATs, KTs, ATo, KTo }
      UTG+1  39.69%  39.69%   0.00% { Ac5c }

We don't get it. :( Also I even included some Tx hands. So as you see at the best a flip. :P Unless we expect him to gamble and go even broke with worse draws then it's a snap-broke of course. Although we don't have that information on the opponent. :(

Best Regards.