$18.54
      BB:
      $11.69
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, 8.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.75) 6, K, 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.54, SB raises to $2.00, BB folds, Hero calls $1.46.

Turn: ($4.75) A (2 players)
      SB bets $2.50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.75.

villain 20/16 af 2.5 flop agg 32% 0.0(3bet) 101hands

This hand made me ask my self a few question.
      One of them is : was calling here the worst play i could make?

Let's say against a K,we`ve got @43% eq... but that is to win the hand after the river... so by just calling here i`m not getting to much of a shot of wining this hand because i`ll practically have to fold on any non 7,non h,and let's say non J card(this depends on how much the villain is going to bet on the turn)

Ofc i have some reverse implied odds as well.

Second question:
      By raising here again can we make him trow away a K?What size should the raise be? (ofc we`re both deep here,but if we `ve got 100BB stacks - could i shove on him for max fold eq?)

Third question:
      Am i just trying to get to much out of this hand?and maybe because of the reverse implied odds it's just better to bet/fold the flop vs his raise?

Sorry for the long text.Ty for the patience of reading it :)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

One of them is : was calling here the worst play i could make?

We have to understand either calling or raising here is better. For example I wouldn't really think he is doing the Check/Raise only with Kx but rather he is doing that with stronger hands. Especially him having opponent behind you. Therefore rather take the implied odds cause vs sets your equity for go-broke ain't that good. Neither it doesn't make sense while being so deep.

By raising here again can we make him trow away a K?What size should the raise be? (ofc we`re both deep here,but if we `ve got 100BB stacks - could i shove on him for max fold eq?)

See above. :P And even with 100BB it's still the question what kind of range he Check/Raises and I doubt that he is doing that with just some basic Kx unless he is just bad player.

Am i just trying to get to much out of this hand?and maybe because of the reverse implied odds it's just better to bet/fold the flop vs his raise?

Why do you think it's reversed implied odds? Well, of course a K could give him a FH, that might be true that we have reversed implied odds. Being a bit deeper I would definitely go for your play and therefore seems like nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Thx a lot :)