This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK 4bet pot oop

• Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      shove pre better? 3bet flop better?

villain is 37/19/9 VPIP/PFR/3bet over 52 hands

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($10.06)
      MP ($4.13)
      CO ($6.46)
      Button ($12.50)
      SB ($2.84)
      Hero (BB) ($5.61)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
      2 folds, CO bets $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises $0.47, CO raises $0.95, Hero calls $0.63

Flop: ($2.32) Q, J, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.66, Hero calls $1.66

Turn: ($5.64) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.65 (All-In), Hero ???

Total pot: $5.64
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      smells like he has at least 1 Q in his hand if not 2. maybe AA but thats just cooler. definitely go all in pre - avoid sticky situations post flop and all that..
    • MonkySandwich
      MonkySandwich
      Bronze
      hi dwyt84,

I'm not a star but I think I can help a bit.

As first what is your image?

Villain seems pretty aggro so far, so I would expect that he is not looking to fold to a 3bet re-steal from the BB. So I would 3bet him PF bigger, someting like 4x to $0.80. When he 4bets, I think I would push there. I think villains with such stats are calling often enough with 99+, AJ+. Cooler when he shows aces. And shoving PF also prevent you to get in those tough spots.

What is you plan OTF?
      There are a lot of hands that you don't want to see OTT: Aces, tens, nines, spandes (alltough it gives you a draw to the 2nd nut flush) that are 18 cards you don't really want to see OTT

Let's say his 4b range is something like 6-7% or 99+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+.
      If he cbets them all, I think I would push here. To this range you're 60% favourite.
      If he calls you OTF with only JJ+,AQs-AJs,AQo-AJo you're a 40% dog, but you get like $4.40 to $10.60 on your money. So you only need a 30% equity to BE.
      Since youre equity is >30% and he will fold some of his range, a push OTF would show profit.

Even if his 4b range is smaller, like 3% or JJ+,AKs,AKo, yout are still a 38% dog, enough to push it OTF.

I hope it helps you a bit.
      I'm courious what other people think.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Silver
      5bet every time. Calling a 4bet out of position is just going to get you in needless tricky post flop situations that could have been avoided with a 5bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dwyt84,

We definitely have to 5bet it preflop and get it in. :) No need to flat like that. Neither doesn't make sense to Call the flop and then give up while you practically committed vs his whole range.

Best Regards.