[NL2-NL10] QQ vs fishy player

• thebaptist333
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.04, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.39) J, K, 8 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP3 bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.26, UTG1 folds, MP3 calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.91) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

River: ($0.95) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.47, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.95.

I see this sort of play a lot on these low stakes and I can't quite figure out what it means. Villain will minbet flop/turn and then bet substantially larger on the next street if they got called.

From my experience I think they're usually on a draw. The reason why I called the turn was because I'm now drawing to the second nut flush and I didn't want to get shoved on by a made flush.

I'm not sure why I folded the river but like I said, I couldn't really put him on anything so I decided to play it safe.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello thebaptist333,

Preflop: Against those min-raises use a bit bigger raise yourself. I would raise to 4x, so $0,16. :)
      Postflop: Raising on the flop multiway is already kind of close spot. Do we even get much value there from a lot worse? Just FDs I would say, plus we have another opponent behind us. Therefore is kind of questionable but as long you took the thin value and protection then I like your play on turn & river. He most likely tried to induce you raise again on the turn.

Best Regards.