Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $18.70
      UTG: $40.45
      MP: $36.45
      Hero (CO): $25.35
      BTN: $25
      SB: $28

Pre-Flop: A:diamond: K:spade: dealt to Hero (CO)
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 8:club: K:diamond: 9:club: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.10, BB calls $2.10

Turn: ($6.30) Q:club: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.30) 7:diamond: (2 Players)
      BB bets $6.30, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Bet turn. Can't afford to give free card or induce bluff (because you cannot call)
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like how you played it.
      What might happen if you bet the turn:
      all the better hands would re-raise and you have to fold and all the worse hands would probably fold. If you check you keep the pot small and even if another club comes on the river you may get the free showdown, because don´t think that worse hands would bet on the river.
      I also like your fold on the river. He bet pot, so it is likely that he hit his flush on the turn or betting out two pair, set, straight.
      You´re often behind and no point making hero call just because you checked on the river.

One of the most important lessons that I learned this year: small hands, small pot. Especially when you´re in position you don´t want to build big pot on the turn just tptk, since you can´t call re-raise and even if opponent calls- pot is quite big and what you would do if blank comes and he bets 1/2 or 2/3 pot. But it all depends based on situations and against some opponents I would bet/bet/bet all day long
      Nh.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      So Kaitz if you were playing this hand will you check behind on turn?
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I also like the cb in this spot. Typically, we want to protect against a one card flush. However, we have to think about with which hand we get called on the flop. A big part of his calling range is a weaker K, flush or straight draws.
      The turn is the killer card for many of these hands: KQ makes 2 Pairs, JT makes the straight, the flush arrives. Given that, our TPTK doesn' look that strong. I don't see much value in betting the turn as we are often behind and most weaker hands (KJ, 67) won't call us. The drawback is that we don't protect against 2 Pair or straights, but we shouldn't protect if we are behind often and don't get stronger hands to fold.
      On the river, its a simple call or fold decision. He bets pot, laying us 2:1. Does he bluff more than 33%? I'd assume, especially at this limit, that most people are too scared given the board to bluff their busted 76-like hand. Hence, I'd also fold.