[NL2-NL10] 88 v Station

• Alieaz
      Alieaz
      Bronze
      Hero VPIP: 23, PFR: 16, 3B: 8, AF: 5.4, Hands: 1583
      Villain VPIP: 58, PFR: 17, 3B: 7, AF: 1.8, Hands: 53

Pre I am hoping to isolate one of these (all of them very loose and somewhat passive - though perk up with a strong hand)

Flop value/protection lots of draws. I think villain can call with worse unimproved pockets, ace highs and tons of flush and straight draws.

Same on the turn. I feel my hand has improved somewhat as its less likely he has the Jack. I bet about half pot to get value from hands mentioned on flop but not overplay hand in case he has 99 a ten or better.

River many draws come in but looking for curiosity call from strong ace highs , unimproved pockets ie thin value. I feel perhaps check give up was ok too but obviously I can't beat a hand he raises with.

Ongame Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1694747
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $3.24
      BTN: $1.39
      Hero (SB): $4.00
      BB: $5.90

CO posts a big blind ($0.04)

Pre Flop: ($0.10) Hero is SB with 8 :heart: 8 :spade:
      CO checks, BTN calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.24, BB calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.56) 3 :heart: J :heart: T :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.16) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60

River: ($2.36) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.86, BB raises to $1.72, Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alieaz,

Flop: Not the greatest board CB there, there are too many hands which are willing to Call us. Therefore rather just Check/Fold the flop and let him have the pot.

As played
      Turn: I do agree thought with the 2nd barrel here as we made it for value on the flop. We bet it for protection and free showdown.
      River: As too many draws complete for us it's much safer to just give up the hand and Check/Fold, you practically turned your hand into bluff.

Best Regards.