BB: $23.04 (384 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $6.09 (101.5 bb)
      MP: $6.11 (101.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J K
      Hero raises to $0.24, MP folds, CO calls $0.24, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.57) J 5 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.06

Turn: ($3.57) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero raises to $4.35 and is all-in, CO calls $2.26 and is all-in

River: ($12.09) K (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Villain is 17/7/60/57 VPIP/PFR/WTSD/Hands
      Should I fold vs the flop raise. I decide that folding is too weak and my plan it to c/f diamond turn and c/rai blank turn. The Kd is interesting. Completes the FD/straight draw. Should I still play c/f here and does the K actually improve my hand in any way vs his perceived range which I find hard to assign?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Flop: Definitely, I would rather Bet/Fold the flop or decide right there either I am going broke or not. Calling out of position is out of question here!

As played
      Turn: Well, what do you expect to beat? :) All the hands you beat on the flop and which could raise you practically don't beat anymore. To avoid exactly such a spot you should rather fold it on the flop or get it in.

Best Regards.
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Well I know that calling on the flop is bad but if I get it in I am flipping against his strong draws or am crushed by his monsters. If I fold every time I have TP on the flop I will be too exploitable. I find it pretty hard to find the right play in such spots. So as played, you think that I should still c/f turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jozata
      Well I know that calling on the flop is bad but if I get it in I am flipping against his strong draws or am crushed by his monsters. If I fold every time I have TP on the flop I will be too exploitable. I find it pretty hard to find the right play in such spots. So as played, you think that I should still c/f turn?
      Exploitable on NL6? No, I doubt that! And Calling OOP with TP here is the worst line you could ever pick. You are just giving away free cards and never know where you stand on the turn. At the same time he could just Check behind if he doesn't hit, if he does hit he bets for value.