Playing A9 off and QJ

• InspectorClueso
      InspectorClueso
      Bronze
      Hi there

I wouldnt mind some ideas on how you guys play A9/8/7 off suit and also how you play QJ. I find these particularly difficult hands to win pots with - if I raise, if I don't raise raise i tend to be a bit lost with these hands.

Any input would be valuable.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      fist of all if you feel unconfortable with any hand fold it ...
      in poker you cant play this hand this way and that hand that way . you have to mix it up .
      anyway with hands like A 9 A 8 is better to raise first in from late position or fold and you can play q j the same if you arent sure on your postflop skills . dont limp/call them
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      fist of all if you feel unconfortable with any hand fold it ...
      in poker you cant play this hand this way and that hand that way . you have to mix it up .
      anyway with hands like A 9 A 8 is better to raise first in from late position or fold and you can play q j the same if you arent sure on your postflop skills . dont limp/call them

It also depends on the type of cashgame you play, Sh or FR. In SH games you play much looser. It needs a lot experience to play these kind of hands properly. If you feel unconfortable with them, just fold them.

best regards,
      TribunCaesar