Should you walk away from a table of super maniacs?

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Hi

I was playing on a table where almost every player calls every hand and these guys play hot and fast. Most of them burn out but occassionally they get lucky.

I actually was on the receiving end of a four of a kind show down. I was unluck to lose on the river. My Four 4s lost to Four Js. Its one of those one in a million hands. I know I couldnt have played any better and it was just a bad beat. I played out my 50 hands as planned and moved on.

But I was thinking is it better to pull out of a table like that, I mean these guys were playing crazy.
  • 5 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      hell no. TAGS make so much money off LAGs in the longrun. what i WOULD suggest is you tighten up your SHC just a bit, because the few hands you do play will be paid off significantly!
    • fermion314
      fermion314
      Bronze
      It brings a lot of variance, but it's super EV+ at long term.
      You'll usually have no fold equity, so don't fight fire with fire, play more tight than usual and let them bluff you to the river when you have a good hand
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Play super tight if the whole table is manic.

Play your high card hands, avoid hands like K6o, K7o, those type of hands that can be dominated, even if you believe you're getting a good price.

Jam preflop with your good hands, if you hit the flop then jam the flop as well, by hitting the flop I mean top pair/top kicker and strong draws and better.

Bet the turn/river and call down if raised on those streets unless you have a monster of course.

Get your money in with the best of it on the early streets. It's high variance, but when you win you win big.

That will beat a table of maniacs.

:P
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Well if you have troubles playing them then better quit them. That is what I would sugggest you as a beginner. If you feel comfortable then take their money. ;)
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      In the 50 hands I played tight on the SHC. This is something I don't mess with.

I didnt lose much dollarwise because I had gained from my TAG play but losing the Quad 4s against the Quad Js on the river. stung a little. I knew it was one of those million hands, it happens but it inspired me to read up on my post flop plays.