Greetings

• philosophyx
      philosophyx
      Bronze
      Greetings all, new poker strategy member from London, England.

I am a live cash game holdem player usually playingNL £1 £1 or £1 £2 in various London card rooms. I have played poker since I was a child (my guardian was a businessman and considered it vital for teaching life/business skills), very different variants from holdem though.

I played on full tilt poker (after losing entire bankrolls at betfair+party poker, not that it was their fault) for awhile. That went pretty well, made decent low stakes cash, most of my money came from playing HU limit holdem and a few SnGos both heads up and 6 handed. Before I deposited money on their site however I promised myself I would never deposit money on a site again if I lost the bankroll. As it happens, I did not lose the bankroll. But I did take a large chunk out to help finance a move to USA.

When I was in the US I re-registered as an American player, however, with the clampdown on full tilt, my account assets were frozen. To honour my promise to myself I did not put any money in any other online accounts. However, now that I am taking this from being a hobby to being more of a professional pursuit, I thought maybe I could find some staking from somewhere. My research led me here to poker strategy and I have passed the quiz (on the third attempt-not a good show from an aspiring pro) . So there you have my entire poker history.
  • 11 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi philosophyx,

Warm welcome to our community!

Nice introduction and happy to hear that you're giving another try at online poker. So which site are you thinking of joining then? What limits will you be playing you think?

Ingrid
    • philosophyx
      philosophyx
      Bronze
      Hi Ingrid, thank you for my welcome.

I joined Titan poker, I've been trying out various things on there such as $1 double up 6 handed SnG's, HU $0.02 $0.04 limit Holdem, and $0.50 10 handed and 6 handed SnG's. Plus the freerolls when I have the time.

It's been going reasonably so far, I've been winning at the HU holdem and normal SnG's but the double up doesn't seem to suit me, I'm not used to playing for 4th place.

In my glory days at full tilt I profitably played $2 $4 HU limit and $10 SnG's so I plan on getting my bankroll to that level, though that could take a while as work, live poker and other commitments keep me fairly busy.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi philosophyx!

Welcome to the community!

Very nice introduction and I'm happy you didn't give up poker. I want to wish you the best of luck with your professional career! And I think you are in the perfect place to become a professional. In here you will learn not just the basics of poker but many more things that will help you to become a professional!

We have:
      articles
      Videos
      Live coaching sessions
      A No Limit part in the forum with No Limit discussions and professional hand evaluations No Limit Strategy

A SnG and MTT part in the forum with SnG and MTT discussions and professional hand evaluations SnG and MTT

A Fixed Limit part in the forum with Fixed Limit discussions and professional hand evaluations Fixed Limit

A Omaha and other variants part in the forum with Omaha professional hand evaluations Omaha and other variants

And last but not least we have a No Limit Beginners Course. This course consists of 8 live coachings with 8 homeworks and a final exam. In here you will learn all you need to know to start of your poker career! No Limit Beginners course

I know it's a lot but if you do have any questions don't be afraid to ask, we don't bite.

Best of luck on the tables

RasTweet
    • philosophyx
      philosophyx
      Bronze
      I guess this question belongs on beginners questions but since the moderators have all ready replied I'll ask here first.

I do not understand why I have no PS points and I worry about getting my next increment. I have definitely paid over $0.5 in rake as I have played multiple SnG's already. Is there a time delay in registering the rake or is there a problem with that information or have I misunderstood something?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there,

There was a technical issue late last night but everything should be back in order in a few hours. We are sorry about this and apologize for any inconvenience.

Ingrid
    • philosophyx
      philosophyx
      Bronze
      Ok I will wait another day to see if anything changes. However, I have been playing since I signed up which was about 3 days ago and I easily passed the rake limit 2 days ago at least.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philosophyx
      Ok I will wait another day to see if anything changes. However, I have been playing since I signed up which was about 3 days ago and I easily passed the rake limit 2 days ago at least.
      You Have to wait 7 days to receive the next $10. You can read all information here.
    • philosophyx
      philosophyx
      Bronze
      Yes I understand that it is given out in 7 day increments but how do I know that I have qualified? Reading through forums people suggest that you can tell by the number of PS points you have acquired. I have acquired 0 despite playing regularly, do I not get any points until the cash arrives? My current impression is that currently I am not qualifying for the next $10 in 7 days despite paying the required rake.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey philosophyx,

Welcome to the community!

StrategyPoints can take a few days to update (depending on reports sent from the Poker Rooms) so I wouldn't worry about it. You're account is definitely tracked (as you received your first increment) so it's only a matter of time before they are showing in your home page.

To release your second increment you must earn generate 50c of rake. This equals 2.50 StrategyPoints.

Hope this was helpful :)

Best of luck at the tables!
      Gary
    • philosophyx
      philosophyx
      Bronze
      That was very helpful, thank you.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No worries, any time ;)

Just shout when you need some assistance!