This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KJs vs big fish 25NL SH

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      BB ($30.84)
      UTG ($25.35)
      UTG+1 ($25.43)
      CO ($34.84)
      Hero ($43.91)

Dealt to Hero K:club: J:club:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, CO calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.35) K:spade: 8:spade: 6:diamond:

CO checks, Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50

TURN ($5.35) K:spade: 8:spade: 6:diamond: 5:club:

CO checks, Hero bets $3.25, CO calls $3.25

RIVER ($11.85) K:spade: 8:spade: 6:diamond: 5:club: 2:spade:

CO checks, Hero bets $6.50, CO raises to $13, Hero folds

Hi, as the title says the guy is a big fish, it's not out of the question that he'd call down with an 8 and any K is def calling. Also I'd expect him to check a flush on the river quite often cos I'd seen him play AA by c/c all streets

Do you think bet/fold is the right river line?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bradomurder,

Why do you Bet the river? After even a draw completes. :) Pretty standard Check behind spot I would way. Even vs a fish I don't really see much value, you practically turned your hand into bluff on river.

Best Regards.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      well i bet to get value of Kx and possibly 8x or mid pairs (he'd been making terrible calls) and he's never check-raising as a bluff so easy fold if he raises, but yeah if you think he's got a flush way too often then fair enough
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      well i bet to get value of Kx and possibly 8x or mid pairs (he'd been making terrible calls) and he's never check-raising as a bluff so easy fold if he raises, but yeah if you think he's got a flush way too often then fair enough
      Not really a spot where you pick thin value when even a FD completed. There ain't that many Kx hands what are a lot worse and he ain't calling with 8x most likely.