[NL20-NL50] [sh]25 bluff raising counterfeited pair on the river

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hero (MP): $49.46 -
      SB: $25.45 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 1.7, Hands: 520

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with 5 :heart: 5 :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.87, 2 folds, SB calls $0.77, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.99) K :club: T :club: K :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.99) 6 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.99) T :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.30

I would expect villain to have a good amount of air and turned low pairs into bluffs that just like mine got counterfeited in this spot. The only value hands in his range I can see now is Tx, which had the opportunity to take the lead on the turn as well so we can prolly discount those combos a little.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

And what kind of hands are you representing? :) Guess I would you calling even with A high here. :D But of course I wouldn't even leading the river myself. T bets flop, K bets flop, FD bets flop. Although I'd CB myself flop.

Best Regards.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Why did you decide against a cbet in that spot?
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I think I can expect him to check turn with about the same range that he is c/folding flop and given that my hand has no equity here I decided to make this play.

Would you suggest otherwise to just make my standard flop cbet? And if the answer is positive what are your arguments for making the cbet on the flop?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I think I can expect him to check turn with about the same range that he is c/folding flop and given that my hand has no equity here I decided to make this play.

Would you suggest otherwise to just make my standard flop cbet? And if the answer is positive what are your arguments for making the cbet on the flop?
      I think my hand isn't strong enough to ever bluffcatch if I check and I expect some opponents to 2 barrel with a high frequency. If you want to check behind some hands, check hands that you can bluffcatch/bluffraise on a later street (JJ, Tx, 99, AQh, AJh, etc) and 1-2 Kx type hands. I don't think 55 is good enough to do that. There 9 overcards to come on the turn and each of them is in your opponent's range. I could be wrong but I think when you check such a hand here he can vbet thinly and bluff you a lot. You never force him to make a mistake by folding out his equity share in the pot.

Unless you have a read that he checks his weak range on the turn as well vs a missed cbet, I would just go on and bet the flop.