Elephant installation problem

• Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I have a problem. I can't install elephant. I get an error message when it starts installing.

This is the install log, if it helps:

The following properties have been set:
      Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
      Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
      Property: [VersionNT] = 5.1.2 {version}
      Running checks for package '.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)', phase BuildList
      Running external check with command 'E:\DOCUME~1\Ales\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD57.tmp\DotNetFX\dotnetchk.exe' and parameters '-lcid:1031'
      Process exited with code 2
      Setting value '2 {int}' for property 'DotNetInstalled'
      Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer'
      Read string value '6.0.2900.2180'
      Setting value '6.0.2900.2180 {string}' for property 'IEVersion'
      The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)':
      Property: [DotNetInstalled] = 2 {int}
      Property: [IEVersion] = 6.0.2900.2180 {string}
      Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\instmsia.exe'
      Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'VersionNT': true
      Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\instmsia.exe' is 'Bypass'
      Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
      Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false
      Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.0.3': false
      Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.0': true
      Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
      Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\dotnetfx.exe'
      Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': true
      Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\dotnetfx.exe' is 'Bypass'
      Running checks for command 'DotNetFX\langpack.exe'
      Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '2': true
      Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX\langpack.exe' is 'Bypass'
      '.NET Framework 2.0 (x86)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
      Running checks for package 'Visual C++-Laufzeitbibliotheken (x86)', phase BuildList
      Running MsiProductCheck with ProductCode '{09298F26-A95C-31E2-9D95-2C60F586F075}'
      MsiQueryProductState returned '-1'
      Setting value '-1 {int}' for property 'VCRedistInstalled'
      The following properties have been set for package 'Visual C++-Laufzeitbibliotheken (x86)':
      Property: [VCRedistInstalled] = -1 {int}
      Running checks for command 'vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe'
      Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'VCRedistInstalled' and value '3': false
      Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
      Skipping FailIf because Property 'Version9X' was not defined
      Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.00': false
      Result of checks for command 'vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' is 'Install'
      'Visual C++-Laufzeitbibliotheken (x86)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
      Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList
      The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1':
      Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
      Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true
      Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
      'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
      Installation of components 'Visual C++-Laufzeitbibliotheken (x86)' was accepted.
      Copying files to temporary directory "E:\DOCUME~1\Ales\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD57.tmp\"
      Copying from 'E:\DOCUME~1\Ales\LOCALS~1\Temp\ckz_8KCU\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' to 'E:\DOCUME~1\Ales\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD57.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe'
      Verifying file integrity of E:\DOCUME~1\Ales\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD57.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe
      WinVerifyTrust returned 0
      File trusted
      Running checks for package 'Visual C++-Laufzeitbibliotheken (x86)', phase BeforePackage
      Running MsiProductCheck with ProductCode '{09298F26-A95C-31E2-9D95-2C60F586F075}'
      MsiQueryProductState returned '-1'
      Setting value '-1 {int}' for property 'VCRedistInstalled'
      The following properties have been set for package 'Visual C++-Laufzeitbibliotheken (x86)':
      Property: [VCRedistInstalled] = -1 {int}
      Running checks for command 'vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe'
      Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'VCRedistInstalled' and value '3': false
      Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
      Skipping FailIf because Property 'Version9X' was not defined
      Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.00': false
      Result of checks for command 'vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' is 'Install'
      'Visual C++-Laufzeitbibliotheken (x86)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
      Verifying file integrity of E:\DOCUME~1\Ales\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD57.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe
      WinVerifyTrust returned 0
      File trusted
      Installing using command 'E:\DOCUME~1\Ales\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD57.tmp\vcredist_x86\vcredist_x86.exe' and parameters ' /q:a '
      Process exited with code 8191
      Status of package 'Visual C++-Laufzeitbibliotheken (x86)' after install is 'InstallFailed'

PLEASE HELP!!!
  • 9 replies
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Ok, I've installed the standalone version and it works. But now I have another problem. How do I create a database? If I try it says that it can't connect to server.

I have now uninstalled the SQL thingi and am reinstaling it, but I'm having problems. Where do I register on the SQL server?

If somebody would walk me through this it would be much appreciated.
    • Xenitron
      Xenitron
      Black
      same questions
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You installed postgres 8.3 and you set a username and password? If not please reinstall it again.
      Postgres should be started automatically if I'm correct so you just have to start Elephant which now asks for a database connection. (If not see below *.)
      Now just type in the username and password chosen above. It could be that the database name "elephantdb" is already taken from a previous Elephant version so try an other name instead if it doesn't work. The database should be created now.
      If you installed postgres with an other port go to advanced options and change the port to the chosen.

* Start the Elephant nevertheless. Click on the big elephant button on the upper left and select "Settings" (or something that is named like that as "Database settings") then "Databasebae settings" (again I'm unsure about the way "to go" but there aren't many options so you will find the correct name very fast. Just create a database as usual and maybe restart Elephant.
    • snakeru
      snakeru
      Bronze
      Ok, I had the same installation problem. Tried uninstalling elephant, VCredist libraries, rebooting, updating Windows - nothing helps. You guys should really check that issue with the error log that Dippy19 posted. For these who have the same problem - here is how I managed to install it finally:
      delete all your temporary files from Documents And Settings/user/Local Settings/temp.
      Try installation (it will fail). Navigate to that directory again and run setup.msi manually. YOU SHOULD HAVE ALL PREREQUISITES INSTALLED! So I recommend installing 0.42 first and then upgrading if you are not sure how to met them.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      OK... What? I can't create a new database, because it says I can't connect to server? I don't get it :(
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Which encoding do I choose when installing postgreSQL?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I can't connect?!?

• Anatolius
      Anatolius
      Bronze
      Same for me... can't connect :(
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I've done it.

Just delete postgreSQL, like it says in the thread. Then reinstall it. Then restart your computer, run elephant and make sure you have installed all of the other programs you need. Then when you're creating the database use the username and password you entered when registering the postgreSQL (the one you entered in the second window while installing, superuser or something like that).

It should work.