Top Tell-A-Friend Tips

• BrendanH
      BrendanH
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

In case you've been missing them, Barry Carter has been writing a series of articles on how to improve your Tell-A-Friend activities. I though it would be useful to list them here for future reference:

Why is Tell-A-Friend Great for Brand New Players
      While you can earn upto $500 for every high-roller who joins PokerStrategy.com, you can still earn money from very new players PLUS there is lots for them to benefit from. Barry outlines some of the key benefits for newbies.

Tell Your Friends About Our March Offers And Earn $500
      Here, Barry outlines some of the great reasons to share with your friends in order to encourage them to sign up with PokerStrategy.com. While he mentions the offers that are specifically available right now, most of these offers will be available right throughout the year.

Video Tutorial: Starting A Blog
      Creating your own poker website is easier than you think. Barry gives a video tutorial on how to set up a blog to boost your Tell-A-Friend activities.

How To Get More Twitter Followers
      In this article, Barry who himself has 3,000 followers shares tips on how he grows his influence and even got Daniel Negreanu to retweet one of his tweets to his 150,000 followers.

Top Five Tell-A-Friend Tips from the Pros
      Here, Barry interviewed a number of our more successful ambassadors and the results are some top tips on how to increase your revenues from the Tell-A-Friend programme.

"I Could Buy an Apartment with My TaF Money"
      Not from Barry, but still an interesting interview with Paradox2 from the Russian community who has been rather successful with fostering new members coming to PokerStrategy.com through his Tell-A-Friend activities.

I hope you find some of these useful.

Brendan
  • 11 replies
    • djapfather
      djapfather
      Bronze
      I would say that the top tip is not to waste time on this promotion because you are not going to be paid at the end.
      They will tell you that you are not allowed to make withdrew of your earned money without any explanation...

Free marketing
    • BrendanH
      BrendanH
      Bronze
      Hey djapfather

I see that you have raised this topic in several places already in the forum and have been corresponding with our support team via ticket. Therefore there is not much more for me to add to the existing discussion.

The main reason why withdrawals may be blocked on a particular account is when our security team identify activities by the reffer that contravene our TaF Terms and Conditions. This is an unfortunate circumstance. It is completely not in our own interest to block a successful referrer - we want each of our referrers to bring in as many people as possible. However, as you can imagine there are many people who will try and abuse such a promotion, so unfortunately we must adhere strictly to the rules.

It is unforutnate that your TaF account has been blocked, but there are still many other great ways for you to benefit from being a member of PokerStrategy.com.

Kindest regards
      Brendan
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      I have a interesting question: what if there is withdraw blocked on a particular account, does it effects the webpage that was referring people to pokerstrategy.com (whit his bonus code) ?

Since if not, than you need just a trust able person to register at ps and use his refer code in the same web page instead?
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      no response... ?(
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sausage646
      no response... ?(
      Yes, because the moderators would not know the ins and outs of the TAF procedure. I suggest contacting our CS team via a ticket

All the best,
      Gary
    • BrendanH
      BrendanH
      Bronze
      Hey there sausage646,

Thanks for the question, but unfortunately I am not clear on what you are asking. You mention a scenario where a withdraw is blocked on a particular account? Are you talking about the PokerStrategy.com Tell-A-Friend account? If the TaF account is blocked for withdrawals, then the link from the website with the bonus code still works. People who are referred via that link will be attributed to the correct account.

Does that answer the question? If not, apologies and perhaps you could clarify the specific scenario.

Best regards
      Brendan
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      I probably didn't expressed clearly..

if there was a web site that would refer members to pokerstrategy.com whit refer code "x" - but now in some way the players "x" withdraws is blocked,

does blocked player "x" effects the web site too? Or web site now can put a bonus code "y" and keep referring just for another person? ( obviously if non web site terms haven't been breached)
    • BrendanH
      BrendanH
      Bronze
      Ah, thanks for the clarification.

If a player you refer has their withdrawal blocked and your withdrawals are not blocked then there is no impact on your link. Your Tell-A-Friend programme is not affected so you can continue to refer others with your existing referral code.

I hope that helps. :) :)

Brendan
    • tomthebom28
      tomthebom28
      Bronze
      Can i ask when in the process you can name the referrer? if i go to register i don't see it and i don't know if it's possible afterwards
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tomthebom28
      Can i ask when in the process you can name the referrer? if i go to register i don't see it and i don't know if it's possible afterwards

If you can't see this field when you sign up it's because you got there from a TAF link and the owner of that link will be your referrer.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi,

As darkprice pointed out, if you are coming to PokerStrategy.com as the result of following a TaF referral link, this field will not be visible, since your referrer will already be entered through having followed the link.

Thank you Daniel for the help.

Kind regards,
      Richard