This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hello everybody!!

• chefchauen
      chefchauen
      Bronze
      Hy, I´m chefchauen, moderator of the Hispanic Community.

I want to improve my English so i´ll visit your forum a little bit more from now.

I usually play MTT mainly up to 22$.

I´m from Cordoba - Spain, in the South.

I visited England 4 years ago and I liked it so much. I lived in Eastbourne and in London and learnt a lot of English, but now I´m forgetting it and I have to practice much more hahaha.

Greetings and good luck!!! :)
      Chef
  • 10 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Greetings Chef and welcome!

Have fun improving your English, it's a tough language even for us, so you must be doing something right already given the standard of your post!

Good to have you here,

Mal.
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      Hey chefchauen,

Welcome aboard, great to have you with us :)

Your English looks great to me...better than my Spanish anyway! :P

How long have you been playing poker?

All the best!
      Darren
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi chefchauen

Welcome to the English community! It's always nice to see people from a different community!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Chef,

Welcome to the English community! :) Enjoy your stay!
      Ingrid
    • chefchauen
      chefchauen
      Bronze
      Good morning and thank you so much!!!

I´m completely sure that here I´ll be able to improve and learn a lot, tytyty.

I´ve been playing poker for the last 4 years. It´s very difficult at all. At the begining I began playing cash NL2 in PartyPoker. Then I met PokerStrategy.com and the story changed drastically. I watched plenty of videos, strategy, coachings, etc, and I could beat some levels up to NL25. I got $2000 more than 2 or 3 times, but I always had to cash out almost all the money because I needed it. Great mistake. I couldn´t beat NL 50 bigstack ever, so I decided to move to MTT´s.

Now I play tourneys up to 22$, but sometimes more expensive. I can say that I´m semi professional and all is going quite good.

My best mark was in october of 2010 when I could beat a field of 8300 people and make a deal with the chip leader for $10580. It was in the 3.30R 60K Guaranted in Pokerstars. From that day I play MTT´s full time, between 20 - 40 each day. I love the tourneys.

Sharkscope says that lukende (Me :tongue: ) has played 3800 MTT´s with 7 dolars of average buy-in, $7 average profit, and a total earnings of $22500 :D

I´ve achieved a lot of Final Tables, I can´t count all of them, but I particulary think that I´ve had very bad luck at the end of the tourneys, but that should be the same than most of you too. Poker is so hard.

I try to help everyone who needs it in the Spanish speaking community, whether the doubt is in MTT´s or whatever it is, and I´m trying to establish me in the Low and Mid level, and leave the Micros.

This is a little summary. I have to say too that I´m a Physical Education teacher in Andalucía. I´m unemployed and waiting for a call that never comes to work at the school again, as I did last year in May and June.

This is my blog in PokerStrategy.com. You can read all about me since I started playing poker. You can also read about other things, like exams, work, and whatever I do, but It´s in Spanish X(

Nothing else, I hope you enjoy with my story.´ :P

Everyone is invited to the Hispanic Community, and pswyatt, you can learn Spanish there too hahaha.

This is the last hand I played. It was yesterday night, and I finish 98º / 4000. Do you see now what I´m telling you hahaha, they always hit the set at the end lol

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      PokerStars
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      $1.00+$0.10

Stacks:
      UTG bassi44 (21k)
      UTG+1 JTaskov (143k)
      MP1 Dilvoband (153k)
      MP2 0wn3d_guys (270k)
      MP3 joke162809 (166k)
      CO idefix61 (89k)
      BTN lukende (79k)
      SB taranu1970 (132k)
      BB hymoza (69k)

Blinds: 2k/4k Ante 500

Pre-Flop: (11k, 9 players) lukende is BTN K:heart: K:diamond:
      hymoza says "da prosto obokral tipa", 1 fold, JTaskov calls 4k, Dilvoband calls 4k, 3 folds, 0wn3d_guys says "lol", 0wn3d_guys says "a zachem", 0wn3d_guys says "zelenie", 0wn3d_guys says "eshe nuzhni?", lukende raises to 16k, 1 fold, hymoza says "xD ", 1 fold, JTaskov calls 12k, Dilvoband folds

Flop: 8:spade: 8:heart: 2:diamond: (47k, 2 players)
      JTaskov checks, hymoza says "smotri, opoehal paren'", hymoza says "zabirayte", lukende bets 14k, 0wn3d_guys says "da", 0wn3d_guys says "provalil", JTaskov calls 14k

Turn: 3:diamond: (75k, 2 players)
      0wn3d_guys says "zadaniye", joke162809 says "u nego panika", JTaskov checks, lukende goes all-in 48k, JTaskov calls 48k

River: 3:club: (171k, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 171k
      lukende shows two pair, Kings and Eights
      K:heart: K:diamond:
      JTaskov shows a full house, Deuces full of Eights
      2:club: 2:heart:

JTaskov wins 171k (net +92k)

lukende lost 79k
      Dilvoband lost 4.5k

See you soon!!! ;)
      Chef
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Blog Blog Blog!!! :D

no better way to pratice English than to write it everyday updating a Blog right?

:]
    • chefchauen
      chefchauen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Blog Blog Blog!!! :D

no better way to pratice English than to write it everyday updating a Blog right?

:]
      This is such a great idea, i´ll make a Blog today gogogo

Thanks Matt!!! :)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      gogogog, blog blog blog!!!

:f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • sridneel
      sridneel
      Bronze
      @ chefchauen

i am also a tournament player...i see that u have a lot of experience...can u help me improve my tournament play?
      i have a few questions...
    • chefchauen
      chefchauen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sridneel
      @ chefchauen

i am also a tournament player...i see that u have a lot of experience...can u help me improve my tournament play?
      i have a few questions...
      Of course my friend!, you can ask me whatever you want. You´ll be answered by a big whale hahahhaha