[NL2-NL10] JJ final table

• thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      I don't have the hand history with me at work but it went something like this:

I'm sitting in utg with about 11 BB (10,000/20,000). I min-raise to 40k with my JJ and my plan is to get it in. If I'm called, my plan is to shove almost all flops.

The SB calls and he has about 20 BB behind.

The flop comes Qxx with 2 hearts. SB donks for just under half pot and I shove. He shows up with AK of hearts and makes his flush on the turn.

This was the $5k guaranteed VIP monthly freeroll on titan, and at this point there was 8 people left. There were 2 other players on the table with just about 1 BB each.

Should I have folded and waited for a better spot? Should I shove pre? The reason why I didn't shove pre was to get someone else in the pot.

8th place paid $112, and if I folded I would've gotten at least 6th place which paid about $180. But 1st place was just under $1000
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

wrong topic, but since I mostly play tourneys, I think I can also judge it.
      If you have pf 11BB you need to shove as strong hand as JJ. Dot think AhKh would have folded, but if you just min-raise you might easily get called and see overcards on the flop.

Postflop I would also likely get all-in. If it was A or K high I may consider folding, but here player might easily bet/fold and 9bb (after 2 hands you should have 6bb) isn´t place where you really want to be even if there are 1bb shortstacks. You´re should be playing for the first place.

best regards,
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      oh yeah.. didn't realise this was the wrong thread :f_confused:

So from what I understand.. my play was ok? You're saying I probably should have shoved pre, but is my line ok considering I was planning on shoving almost all flops anyway?

Thanks for the feedback