[NL20-NL50] nl25sh AQs in sb vs squeeze

• doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      BU looks like reg, but not best one. I would 3bet for value, but I want bb to come along as well since he is 36/26/12 over more than 200 hands.

I have no intention to fold, espetially when I hit TPGK here and his cbet is 100% in 3bet pots (5 times sample).

Should I c/raise? What line should I use pre and post flop?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $51.25
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU:
      $29.26
      SB (Hero):
      $85.18
      BB:
      $40.42
      MP2:
      $30.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q.
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, BU folds, Hero calls $1.25, BB raises to $5.00, CO folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($11.5) A, 4, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Turn: ($21.5) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $11.00, Hero calls $11.00.

River: ($43.5) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $19.42, Hero calls $19.42.

Final Pot: $82.34.
  • 3 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I would 4bet get it in pre vs BB's squeeze as his range is probably very wide here.

As played I'd play the same given how aggressive our opponent is and that he is probably trying to take you off hands like 88-JJ which he sees in your range and would not you to have many Ax hands in your range imo, maybe AQo,AQs,Ajs which he discounts for sure.

Don't see any value in c/r flop, we just eliminate his bluffs and isolate us against either hands worse than us that would've barrel anyways (few- AJ,AT) or hands that beat us.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I usually need a reason not to 3bet AQs from the blinds vs CO and BU, either they are nits or I want to induce from BB if I am SB. If you went with the induce plan I think your postflop play is fine. If at any point you raise he will fold anything you beat imo. It's kind of way ahead/way behind where his way behind range will tend to barrel.

I'm not sure about 4bet and calling it off pre line. What pairs does he fold after he squeezed with them? You will just get it in vs all pairs and he folds his air. It's probably not -EV given how often he folds and your equity but I'm not sure it's the most +EV play. If you want to go flat/4bet/call it off you need to either have or do it to create dynamic. To do that you will also have to start flatting premiums there, else you have a capped and weaker range than your opponent if he actually notices your plays.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello doctorkgb,

Preflop: I don't get your point here. You are saying you want BB to come along and that he is a loose opponent. But what about Squeeze? What about 3bet? What about Postflop? What about WTSD/W$SD? The most important information from all those factors, without it I wouldn't really be flatting preflop being OOP. 3bet is pretty standard line for me here vs CO.

As played
      Postflop: Well, practically you turned your hand into bluff-catcher there. :) Do you ever even see him 3barrel-bluffing? What do you think is his 2nd barreling range on the turn? Why not just get it in on the turn and maybe even protect from draws? What made you think that he is capable of 3barreling in 3bet pot there?

Best Regards.