[NL20-NL50] NL25sh BU vs aggressive sb

• doctorkgb
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

sb is a reg 350 hands 21/18/5.8 . c/r flop 38%(8hands). Agg frequ flop 45% turn38% river 0%.

He is repping here AQ. KJ, 33. I can't see anything else but bluff.
      Is this a standard fold on turn?

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, 9.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3) 3, J, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $4.43, Hero calls $2.93.

Turn: ($11.86) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $10.00, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11.86.
  • 4 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      I think your small cbet size is going to put you in a lot of tricky spots postflop as you invite your opponent's to make moves against you, so I'd bet bigger flop.

As played would prolly play the same planning to call turn and/or river depending on the cards. On T :diamond: I think you would c/r all your strong hands for value/protection so if you call you represent a weak hand exactly like the one you have and your opponent can barrel with a high frequency on the river. Unless you want to put in a c/r bluff here I think folding is best.
    • doctorkgb
      Flop is not so coordinated, so around half pot, perhaps 20c bigger I believe is fine. My main problem is that I don't know where I stand OOP and his turn bet so big that I don't like the idea to gamble or even to draw dead.

If we give him something like:

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    37.32%  34.34%   2.98% { Kc9c }
      MP3    62.68%  59.70%   2.98% { 99, 33, AQs-AJs, KJs, K9s, AQo-ATo, KTo+ }

I'm behind even against that range. T is one of bad cards in deck.

Thnx for your effort
    • EmanuelC16
      First thing that comes to mind when he raises that flop is that he is polarized. He wouldn't raise KT, KQ, AK so he was 33, KJ or an airball. I think JJ and KK 3bet pre so he doesn't have them in his range.

I think calling flop and seeing turn is fine for this exact reason. Now on the turn he changes his sizing completely and bets huge. I think this is a sign of strength and that he would be very uncomfortable in betting his air when you call the flop.

@Flop sizing: I like between 1/2 and 2/3 pot on dry boards, depends a bit on what I want to acheive with my hand. If it's for value and I want lots of value asapI bet bigger, if it's a bluff I bet on the smaller side because my FE doesn't change much and I don't mind folding my air to further action.

In this case your hand is also a good hand to check and proceed from there because vs a reg he won't pay you off too lightly but he might make some too thin vbets or bluff since he always expects you to cbet any type of hand on Kxx. If you don't know his tendencies well it's also a good spot to try and get to showdown and see what his defend range looks like and his barreling tendencies.
    • veriz
      Hello doctorkgb,

Why do you CB a TP type of hands into aggressive opponent? Rather turn your hand into bluff-catcher and Check/Call it. Especially if it would be difficult to continue here and he could easily raise a lot of flops. :) Especially vs your CB weakness.

And as played, do you think he would even Bet almost pot size on the turn with nuts? Wouldn't he want to invite you along? it's rather for fold equity as it seems for me. :)

Best Regards.