MP: $2.88
      CO: $5.98
      BTN: $5.00
      SB: $5.99
      Hero (BB): $8.10
      UTG: $4.00

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, MP raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $8.10 and is all-in, fold, fold, fold

Hero wins $1.52

MP 35/20/2/10 over 70
      BTN 18/18/5/0 over 42

Both players doesn't look tight. I don't want to call, because I will end up in a 3way pot very often. And folding queens is too weak, I think. So I just push, because if I 4bet, I will have, like, half active stack left on the flop.

Everything's all right?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

What do you mean by both players doesn't look tight? How does a tight opponent look like then if not 18/18? And what kind of hands do you think are calling vs your 4bet-shove?

Best Regards.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      What I mean, that they aren't nits, and BTN could value 3bet a lot of hands against loose MP. So what should I do? I really don't want to call, because I don't have enough experience to play such big multiway 3bet pots oop, and I will often make mistakes. On the other hand, experience comes from mistakes.

So again, what should I do? I know that he can't call with a lot of worse, but can I really fold queens?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      First of all, take a look at the MP stack. Now think do you really think BTN would 3bet loose vs him to just gain fold equity? Practically if people tend to 3bet against those stacks = they want to play for the stacks.

So do we want to keep his range wide or do we want to make him fold all weaker hands?

Also if you ain't that comfortable playing QQ then just fold it, who said that you always have to play with them. For example if he really would be playing with those stats as 18/18 and very small 3bet I wouldn't even think of playing QQ and just fold it. For me is 18/18 practically a nit. :)
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      First of all, take a look at the MP stack. Now think do you really think BTN would 3bet loose vs him to just gain fold equity? Practically if people tend to 3bet against those stacks = they want to play for the stacks.

So do we want to keep his range wide or do we want to make him fold all weaker hands?

Also if you ain't that comfortable playing QQ then just fold it, who said that you always have to play with them. For example if he really would be playing with those stats as 18/18 and very small 3bet I wouldn't even think of playing QQ and just fold it. For me is 18/18 practically a nit. :)
      Post worth millions. Thanks.