Frequent Player Points on Pokerstars

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Hey all! I have just 1 question which I cannot seem to answer meself:

what is the smartest thing to do with FPP's? I have enough saved up to play in the Big $27.50 tourney. And I dont ever get a chance to play in tourneys for this kinds of monies. So i was thinking should I treat myself, or is it a really good idea to just keep saving and saving them??

other option is: split it into 2 $10 BI tourneys.

i usually play $2 tourneys so either would be a treat for me. but if i hit it big in the $27 tourney, i could bankroll myself for like NL25.
  • 13 replies
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      if you want to play nl25 or so, you should trade the fpp's for cash. ;)
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Here some things were discussed.

Saving FPP's

I did try that one $11 satellite and never again, I did cash, but I think I came back from like 1bb, it was just ridiculous. Sold my T$ to one member here and have been saving my FPP's ever after, not sure myself what I'm gonna do.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi ilovemagic

I moved your thread to the pokerstars section.
      I don't play on pokerstars so I can't really help you. But I'm sure many others will help you out!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      ok so theres even more options: play in these little 235 fpp sats to get a ticket for the micromillions event 97, unregister from that and sell the T$ to silecernum or however he spells it, or just have it to play all my little $2 tourneys for free!

UPDATE: took all my fpp and entered i think 6 sats. anyways:

first one: bubbled / fell victim to my opponent calling my all in bet with even stacks and hitting big with 52o vs my A4o

second one: bubbled again

starting to get mad..

third one: no dice

4th one: bingo
      5th: bingo again
      6th bingo again

now i have $33 T$.... woo hoo :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Congrats! ^^

The 235 FPP sats are definitely the best choice when spending those FPPs imo.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      ^
      wha he said :) and its better save up some more points lets say u have around 5k+ and then go grind 235fpp 6max sngs, and use them dollarz 4 tourneys or just sell them for pure cold cash :f_cool:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      ^
      wha he said :) and its better save up some more points lets say u have around 5k+ and then go grind 235fpp 6max sngs, and use them dollarz 4 tourneys or just sell them for pure cold cash :f_cool:
      This too!

Gonna save up a few k and then go on a SNG binge :D
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Are these very hard I am curious ?
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      Are these very hard I am curious ?
      Very straight foward. Luck surely helps there as it is hyper-turbo with 500 starting stack antes from beginning etc. Would be nice ofcourse if there was video for them too :)
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      no, mostly luck based. but you can increase your edge by paying full attention to one or 2 at a time.
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      everyone says play the 235fpp sats, but what about the 70fpp 10mans or 100fpp 36mans???
      im only silver vip so it takes me forever to get fpps.
      6man hypers are obviously quicker, but for me thats not really an issue.
      i´ve raked nearly $100 this month and the only "RB" i received was clearing a $10 stellar reward. used the rest on satellites and didnt cash in any of them.
      miss the good ol days on FTP w/ 27% rb
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      nice. interesting note: i usually make enough to play in one 235 hyper turbo sat per day with the amount of hands im dealt now with zoom, and ive won the last 5 ive entered. thats pretty good luck and $$ if ya ask me. they are just so fishy at these games, and they dont care what hand they have, they just go all in if it feels good....which gives us an edge if we are trying our absolute best.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by qnb07
      everyone says play the 235fpp sats, but what about the 70fpp 10mans or 100fpp 36mans???
      im only silver vip so it takes me forever to get fpps.
      6man hypers are obviously quicker, but for me thats not really an issue.
      i´ve raked nearly $100 this month and the only "RB" i received was clearing a $10 stellar reward. used the rest on satellites and didnt cash in any of them.
      miss the good ol days on FTP w/ 27% rb
      Im to lazy to even play 235's let alone 70's. Its just to time consuming to play anything but 235's. If your only raking in 100$ a month then playing 70's is pretty much the same.