BRM questions

• hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      Hi. I am currently playing NL10, and had previously planned to just use a 25 BI BRM. But I am wondering if you think it is better to have a x bb/100 goal over a sample of last 30k hands played instead?

I am currently at like ~2.5 bb/100, and I feel like I should have a better winrate before I move up to NL20. What are your thoughts on this?
  • 6 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I moved this to a better suited forum.

Regards,
      Richard
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      I normally do a 20-25BI rule AND make sure my performance on the limit is satisfactory and only then move up. However, even though you think your BB/100 is low if you think your going to show a profit at the higher limit and your rolled for it you may as well move up and continue working on your game.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by hansbans
      Hi. I am currently playing NL10, and had previously planned to just use a 25 BI BRM. But I am wondering if you think it is better to have a x bb/100 goal over a sample of last 30k hands played instead?

I am currently at like ~2.5 bb/100, and I feel like I should have a better winrate before I move up to NL20. What are your thoughts on this?
      Your bb/100 might be low but you won 25 BIs at that limit and thats how you'll have 25 BIs for the next limit. So winning 25 BIs at your limit should mean you are good at that limit and you should move up. bb/100 is influenced by a lot of factors that might not have anything to do with you moving up or not, factors like variance & upswings/downswings etc.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      30k hands is not a huge sample to look at stats, you could be running good or bad,

move up limits when you are confident that you are easily beating your current limit and have enough buy-ins,

you will never know if you can beat the next limit unless you try, and if you struggle or run bad just move back down

if you have any leaks get them plugged now
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I've played about 32K hands this month. I was at NL5 when I started the month, Moved to NL10 and then was about to start NL16 and was wondering if I'm ready for NL16 or I'm moving too fast. 7 days later I'm at NL25 and the month isn't even over yet.

I don't think I'm running hot cause I know my gameplay has changed a lot since the beginning of this month and I'm adjusting my gameplay as I'm moving up the limts and here's an example how, at NL5 I was 3-Betting 3.6% and at NL25 I'm 3-Betting 9.2%. I'm more confident with my pre-flop game and I have become more aggressive and all this while I've learnt how to do it all along. Now I get a lot more action when I have premium hands compared to what I was getting at NL5 and NL25 demands a more aggressive game and I have adapted myself to it accordingly.

Move up when you're rolled for that limit, learn all you can from that limit and when you're rolled for the next one just move on. Keep learning keep adapting and keep crushing those limits. There's not enough time to think about whether you're ready for the next limit cause by the time you figure it out you'll have wasted winning a few BIs at the next limit.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I like to stick to the 25BI rule, or roughly around that, If I'm feeling confident I may take a shot at 23, less confident, wait for 28BI's etc.

Concerning your bb/100, if you do not think its good enough, I'd stick down at NL10, start posting more hands for Evaluations, study and wait until your confidence grows and you've plugged some leaks.

If you have earned the required $ through Cash alone, then give the next level a go for sure, whats the worst that will happen? You'll lose a few stacks, and drop back down the a limit you can win on. Eventually you'll be able to take the jump up, and stay, its just patience.