Starting from scratch

• asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      Today I deposited 200$ into my FTP account, and this time I'm gonna do it right. After each SnG and MTT I played with my 50$ from PS I put the info in an Excel document and wrote down the reasons I was knocked out and I have gone over the info and I think I have my biggest leaks fixed.

I have installed Poker tracker but I don't have a clue how to use it, so if anyone could point me to a tutorial for it that would be great.

What I wanna know is what programs are you using to monitor and help you as you play, and what do they do?

I'm gonna start out playing 2.25$ SnG's, probably 6 handed with the occasional full table one. Think I might play one 2.25$ 180 man SnG per day.

What do you guys think about the 6 handed SnG's? Fewer people to beat to get in the money, but in 9 handed SnG's the first place pays "alot" better than 1st place in a 6 handed one.
  • 15 replies
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      The $3.30 knockout is better than 180 player SNG, because players play like maniacs trying to get $0.50.

Also I prefer 9 men SNG instead of 6 because 3 will go out anyways within first 10-15 hands. So that leaves 6 players. Since you said you got it fixed and starting from scratch I recommend you play $1.25 SNG.

Read the poker tracker tutorials, that would help you a lot more than people could because it has a lot of details and stuff.
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      6h sngs haven't realy been 'solved' like the 9h ones yet. I'd just go for 9h sngs.
    • damaincontender
      damaincontender
      Bronze
      hey asgeir.
      glad to hear ur giving ur career a new shot.
      if it is sitngos u are aiming to succeeed in i suggest you read helemaalnicks and chennys blogs from start to finish, then read the sitngo strategy articles over again so all info is fresh in ur head and then you can visit helemaalnicks coaching sessions and check out some of his videos. reviewing some of the best players approach to sitngos should help you set up ur own approach to the lower limits and know what to expect as you climb stakes....we learn from our mistakes...but it never hurts to learn from mistakes made by others...afterall thats one of the main functions of this site, help each other and collaborate to achieve the best results as a team.

p.s...i reccomend that u download icm trainer asap and start from there.

good luck man!!
      ps ur name sounds norwiegen...er du norsk? or are you scandinavian?
    • asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      I'v been reading alot of the articles but I have yet to finish them all.

Now that I have identified my leaks I think I can do a good job in the SnG's.

And btw, ég er íslenskur :D

Jeg kommer frå Island... Snakke de dansk? :D (my danish sucks haha :tongue: )

You scandinavian?
    • damaincontender
      damaincontender
      Bronze
      ahhhh icelandic :P

welcome my scandinavian brotha!!

btw...are you planning on playing turbo sitngos or normal speed?

haha jeg snakker ikke dansk...bare norsk og litt svensk...skj;nner du?

i am norwiegen living in Oslo...where the good die young...and the old just refuse to die :P
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Norsk her også.
      Norwegian here too.

Good luck on your SnG career, but I have to say the SnG's is much harder on FTP than many other sites!
    • damaincontender
      damaincontender
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Snodreliss
      Norsk her også.
      Norwegian here too.
      quote]

kuuult! finally i meet another norwiegen on this forum which i didnt refer to the site myself...

so tell me more about urself snodrellis...where in norway u at? what limits u play? do you have a blog? what sites do you play on?

sorry if its too many questions...just cool to find another norwiegen on this forum :P
    • asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      This thread is riddled with scandinavians! :D

I think I'm gonna play regular speed, the turbo's are to much about "luck" in latter stages, 2 minutes is to little.

Snodreliss: In what sense are they harder?

Aaaaaaaand I don't really speak svenska or norsk :D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I would suggest to play regular 10handed sng. It´s the easier way at the beginning.

btw: Please everybody write in english. Thanks.

best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      I just played in a 10man SnG, regular blinds, finish first but it took like 80 minutes to finish... I think that's kindof long for a 1 table SnG... Might try the turbo next.

EDIT: make that 9 man SnG
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      lol, yeah.. took me about 45 mins for a 3.25$ tournament.. but

Well Done.!
    • asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      I tried playing a few turbo's and I think they are horrible... If you're getting a cold deck for the first 10 minutes or so you almost reached push or fold stage... Horrible

I think I'll stick with regular, and maybe play two at a time if I'm too bored
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Sure....play the regulars and take more tables.

best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      i think the 18 man sng's are better.. they usually take around the same amount of time as the 9 mans (or 10 mans) unless ur at a really tight table (which isn't very often) usually its between the bubble and HU around an hour. much more $$ in it than the 6-10 man tables. But I'd probably only recommend playing these if you do well in the single table sng's.
    • 9ball1959
      9ball1959
      Basic
      Hi there just give you some input . Me i think snG or good start out there are small $$ and they are fast . you can also try things that you learn because in a big toury you try some and dose not work your of the tournament and out more money . here you put very small amount of money and get good experiance . so go play