20bb deep homegame

• mayapnd
      mayapnd
      Bronze
      Hi! I need some help regarding a cash homegame I'm playing with my friends. It always starts 20bb deep. It gets deeper with time, but usually there are mostly like 50-60bb by the end.I don't have experience with sngs and stuff that makes you play with so few bbs. Does anyone have any advice about an opening range, bet sizing preflop and postflop play? Also, any other general advice would be very welcome, thanks a lot! :D
  • 6 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      The smaller the stacks relative to the blinds the tighter you should play because you are going to be playing all in a lot. The Short Stack Strategy uses this stack size. (Although it looks like all of the old articles are gone?)

In any case your real focus should probably be on having fun. Make your money from strangers not your friends.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Home game and only 20bb deep? Does not sound fun at all... No room to make any moves really. I would suggest to perhaps lower the blinds and get decent stack sizes from beginning.
    • mayapnd
      mayapnd
      Bronze
      I tried suggesting diffrent blind structures but they just got used to playing this way and they don't listen to me :f_confused: . It gets deeper tho, as everyone rebuys 3-4 times and then i can play comfortably with 60BB+, and it is a nicer game. They are very passive and rarely 3/4bet pf, so it's mostly limped around during the early stages (when i don't have a good hand to raise).
      What I have a problem with is 3betting preflop, because if they raise 3 BB with 20BB stacks, if i 3bet I'm usually left with a stack that's 1/2 of the pot and I'm not sure how to play then. I've never got into SNG theory and I'm pretty much a huge fish when it comes to playing a shallow/sngish type of game, that's why I asked.

Thanks for the feedback
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Why dont you just buyin deeper?
    • mayapnd
      mayapnd
      Bronze
      They are used to some facepalmy structure, as they used to play SNGs before :rolleyes: . One can rebuy for 40/60/80BB etc if the game gets deeper tho.

@tokyoacesA: I do have fun, loads of fun actually, as there is a lot of banter thrown around, but I also like to win while having fun.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Mayapnd

They are used to that structure, but you are used to play BSS. So I would try to meet somewhere in between. You are playing the same game as they do and imo it's not only what they like but what everyone likes!

Best of luck busting them! :f_biggrin:

RasTweet