[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK OOP in a a tough spot

• spadek
      spadek
      Bronze
      I really don't have any info of the villain, this is like the 7th hand we play together.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1699924
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $10.41
      MP: $8.00
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $10.12
      BB: $9.54

MP posts a big blind ($0.10)

Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero is UTG with A :heart: K :club:
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP calls $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.30) A :diamond: J :heart: T :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.81, MP calls $0.81, SB calls $0.81

Turn: ($3.73) T :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.05, MP raises to $6.79 all in, SB folds, Hero folds
  • 7 replies
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      oh no thats not a horribly profitable spot to call the all in. nice fold i would think.

maybe just bet the flop bigger like 85-90% of the pot instead of your small, and easy to draw off of, 75ish percent bet.

this hand is bet/fold vs an unknown player at its finest imo.

nice fold!

\another question:

can we think about maybe shipping the turn right away instead of letting him make us fold to an all in?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello spadek,

Well, if he looks kind of fishy and loose opponent then what do you think he is doing with any Ax hand which is weaker on the turn? :)

Best Regards.
    • spadek
      spadek
      Bronze
      Is it a standard to go broke in these spots? I mean is it okay to make the assumption he plays raggier aces like this? As I said I don't know anything about the guy so it would really only be based on assumptions. Getting pretty good odds to call though. What do you think would be like the minimun equity we need in this spot to justify the call?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by spadek
      Is it a standard to go broke in these spots? I mean is it okay to make the assumption he plays raggier aces like this? As I said I don't know anything about the guy so it would really only be based on assumptions. Getting pretty good odds to call though. What do you think would be like the minimun equity we need in this spot to justify the call?
      With rake included ~27,38% equity. :D You can calculate it. :) Now try putting him on some range and also maybe include weaker Ax hands into his range and take a look if you get it. Also do you think he would even shove with FH?
    • spadek
      spadek
      Bronze
      Okay, now it seems a really bad fold :D Even if there were only few Ax hands it still seems to be an easy call. Even when I added the possibility of fullhouse and some trips + KQ there were still 35% equity and this was only the worst-case-scenario.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      this is a fold...why are you not seeing this?

is there something im not understanding here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      this is a fold...why are you not seeing this?

is there something im not understanding here?
      Well, read all the text through and put the opponent on a range and see if you get the equity which is needed.