[NL20-NL50] Nl25 - Tt

• theloniousbones
      This was a weird hand. First of all, I bought into this table with $5 SSS. Won a nice pot and nearly tripled up and waited for BB to come around, but hit this hand on my way through.

The check on the river was a misclick, so don't harang me too much for that one, but I have a hard time playing this hand so I'm looking for advice....

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $40.70
      BTN: $10.35
      SB: $27.35
      BB: $34.30
      UTG: $4.45
      Hero (UTG+1): $14
      UTG+2: $5
      MP1: $24.55
      MP2: $14.95

Pre-Flop: T:spade: T:heart: dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1, 4 folds, BTN calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 5:spade: 3:spade: 6:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2

Turn: ($6.35) J:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

River: ($18.35) J:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results: $18.35 Pot ($0.90 Rake)
  • 4 replies
    • damaincontender
      unless you changed from sss to bss after ur triple up, raising or even playing pock tens in the position u were in (utg+1) is an obvious mistake...plus uve already tripled up...u dont really need to wait for bb to be satisfied with leaving...that being said my thoughts are you won this hand and villain had low pocket pair eg. 44....u didnt play the hand badly but i would of maybe checked that flop and drawn conclusions or speculated on villains hand by his bet...i feel that betting out immediately gives villain a bit more control as to how his hand measures up against urs...

just my opinion ...
    • theloniousbones
      I did mentally switch to BSS after the win, thinking I'd only play with AA/KK/QQ... I was multitabling and lost track really, so I just happened to see this hand come up before it was time to leave.

Something just seemed weird about this, especially with a draw-y board I wasn't about to let him take initiative or a free card, so I bet out figuring a check-raise would commit me...
    • Diedobal
      If you bet the turn you should bet the villain allin: 7.35 instead of 6.
    • Kaitz20
      I would fold pf TT after triple up.
      As played- put him all-in on the turn. He would call with worse hands and you don´t also mind if he folds.