Stats, am i reading these right? Help please.

• jackinbeat
      jackinbeat
      Bronze
      This show's I'm running kinda bad right? Sorry if it's obvious, new to using HM stats and searched on-line for info, none too clear, so thought I'd see if anyone could help me here.

Any other comments, or advice from the stats below I'd welcome.

Thanks, playing MTT's $2.20-$5.50 with some $1r

Month Hands Winnings bb/100 VPIP% PFR% 3Bet%
      2012 03 15455 -$968228.00 18.54 21.1 16.5 6.9

WTSD% W$SD% $ (EV adjusted)
      42.3 50.1 -$415008.55

Could clearly do with some help posting stats from HM manager too..
  • 11 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      The stats look kinda good. The gap between VPIP and PFR might be a bit to big. 21/18 instead of 21/16 would be my suggestion. Since you only have 15k hands this is obv not a big deal and shouldn't concern you.
      Your WTSD% seems to be to high as well. Especially since you only win 50% of your showdowns. So maybe you should call less postflop. Seems like you are losing money there.

The stats you are referring to are indeed showing how you are running. At least they are indicating it. In this case your sample size is relativly small. So this is a normal swing that shouldn't concern you as much. Furthermore your bb/100 is showing, that you are having a positive winrate overall. So the negative stats are referring to some hands in the late game.

Example:
      If you are playing a 1$+R and you have a deep run your stack might be at 1 million chips. If you lose it while having only 30% equity (f.e. A5<AK) you would have exactly the same stats (EV adjusted your peace of the pot would be 30% of 2Mio --> 600k, so you lose 400k on average. In fact you lost the pot, so your winnings are -1,000,000). So the stats are kind of misleading sometimes. You may have more exact stats about your run with the "Winnings in BB" and "BB (EV adjusted)" stats, since those don't care about your chipstack.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • jackinbeat
      jackinbeat
      Bronze
      Thanks, exactly the answer I was looking for!

Is there any links you know so I can read into all stats more?
    • jackinbeat
      jackinbeat
      Bronze
      lol, just saw this on the front page, you work quickly..

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Strategy-Article:-Evaluation-and-Exploitation-of-Stats_57883/
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Yes - we sometimes do :s_cool:

If you have further questions feel free to ask :)

Regards,
      Asaban
    • jackinbeat
      jackinbeat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      The stats look kinda good. The gap between VPIP and PFR might be a bit to big. 21/18 instead of 21/16 would be my suggestion. Since you only have 15k hands this is obv not a big deal and shouldn't concern you.
      Your WTSD% seems to be to high as well. Especially since you only win 50% of your showdowns. So maybe you should call less postflop. Seems like you are losing money there.

The stats you are referring to are indeed showing how you are running. At least they are indicating it. In this case your sample size is relativly small. So this is a normal swing that shouldn't concern you as much. Furthermore your bb/100 is showing, that you are having a positive winrate overall. So the negative stats are referring to some hands in the late game.

Example:
      If you are playing a 1$+R and you have a deep run your stack might be at 1 million chips. If you lose it while having only 30% equity (f.e. A5<AK) you would have exactly the same stats (EV adjusted your peace of the pot would be 30% of 2Mio --> 600k, so you lose 400k on average. In fact you lost the pot, so your winnings are -1,000,000). So the stats are kind of misleading sometimes. You may have more exact stats about your run with the "Winnings in BB" and "BB (EV adjusted)" stats, since those don't care about your chipstack.

Regards,
      Asaban
      Just going back over this realised you might be commenting that the figures are off due to a big run, i did have a deep run (3rd for $6.7k) in a $1r, although this was before I tracked results with HM, I've had other deep runs, but none as big.

Is there anyway of using the stats to take this into account. so giving a clearer picture of how I'm playing, and running?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      You may have more exact stats about your run with the "Winnings in BB" and "BB (EV adjusted)" stats, since those don't care about your chipstack.
      Those stats (though I am not sure about the exact name) should give you a good picture of how you are running.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jackinbeat

Month Hands Winnings
      2012 03 15455 -$968228.00
      Is this in tournament chips or something?
    • jackinbeat
      jackinbeat
      Bronze
      You may have more exact stats about your run with the "Winnings in BB" and "BB (EV adjusted)" stats, since those don't care about your chipstack.
      Those stats (though I am not sure about the exact name) should give you a good picture of how you are running.

Regards,
      Asaban
      I've got bb/100 and BB/100 as options, along with EV bb/100 and EV BB/100, what do the capitals mean, different figures are given for lower and upper case options?

Thanks for helping.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Use bb/100 + EV bb

There is a difference in counting. One of them meaning BigBets (2 times the big blind, having it's origin in Fixed Limit), the other one bigblinds. The one for bigblinds should be bb.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • jackinbeat
      jackinbeat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Castle93
      Originally posted by jackinbeat

Month Hands Winnings
      2012 03 15455 -$968228.00
      Is this in tournament chips or something?
      Yes!
    • Lukasz40i4
      Lukasz40i4
      Bronze

Regards,
      Asaban
      LOL no..
      Its micro MTT, not cash games, the gap can be even bigger, because ppl are so bad postflop that you can flat a lot ip (pocket pairs, sc, one gappres, AQ, AK, broadways - opponet dependant) and a few oop from the blindes.

It will change a little when going upo the stakes, but on eq. normally I would squeeze QTs from the button, but in micro MTT I would just call and try to hit big hand (monster draw, two pairs, etc.) or outplay them postflop.